Alan Barnwell - RB - Verbal Commit

Cummings lost to Reidsville last Friday in the quarterfinals, ending Barnwell’s season. Barnwell only had 5 carries for 16 yards in the loss. The article mentions that the Cavaliers were forced into passing most of the game after getting behind early.

http://varsity.thetimesnews.com/sports/cummings-3379-tnvarsity-reidsville-pace.html

Got this tweet from my buddy at the Times-News yesterday:

@adam_smithTN: Word on the street. Citadel now in the mix for Burlington Cummings HS running back Alan Barnwell, who gave verbal to UNC Charlotte

I had heard while I was home during Christmas that he wasn’t very firm in his commitment to us. Guess we’ll find out in the next few weeks. I thought he was here on a visit this weekend? Anyone know?

[quote=“N1NER, post:22, topic:25738”]Got this tweet from my buddy at the Times-News yesterday:

@adam_smithTN: Word on the street. Citadel now in the mix for Burlington Cummings HS running back Alan Barnwell, who gave verbal to UNC Charlotte

I had heard while I was home during Christmas that he wasn’t very firm in his commitment to us. Guess we’ll find out in the next few weeks. I thought he was here on a visit this weekend? Anyone know?[/quote]

This doesn’t surprise me. He said in a NR interview a while back that he was still open to other options. Commitments mean nothing until they actually sign.

I remember being bummed out that our first ever football comit was some kid who wasn’t even all that excited about being here, and was openly saying he was waiting for other better offers. I hope he sticks with us, but wouldn’t be surprised if we lose him.

Over the weekend he stated he is a niner and there is no changing.

Nice. Wish he would have said that from the start though. Either way, kudos to Lambert and company for bringing in some legit talent. I’ve heard from some folks who really know what they’re talking about that Barnwell is a great get for us.

Per his twitter:

@Barnwell_DoesIt: My mind made up imma future 9er and ain’t no changing it

Would be great to see our first verbal commitment stick all the way through signing day.

reportedly down to us and Furman.

According to Twitter reports he did not sign today. One report says he will be talking it over with his family tonight.

http://varsity.thetimesnews.com/sports/cummings-3541-tnvarsity-intent-sign.html

Barnwell said the decision will be made on Wednesday night, once he has a chance to talk with his mom.

“That’s the main thing, I want my mom to be behind me and everything,” Barnwell said. “That’s kind of the holdup right there.”
The running back said he would have a chance to compete for a starting spot at Furman, whereas he would be the premier running back to begin Charlotte’s program.

clt advises this kid to come to charlotte.

Barnwell_DoesIt [size=12px]Alan Barnwell :heavy_check_mark:[/size]

It’s official #1stnineronboard

[quote=“ChevEE, post:32, topic:25738”]Barnwell_DoesIt Alan Barnwell :heavy_check_mark:

It’s official #1stnineronboard[/quote]

I guess we have our RB now!!

Ex-wrestler Alan Barnwell

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/02/4210369/ex-wrestler-alan-barnwell-prepared.html