Alan Major > Shaka Smart

Alan Major is no Shaka Smart… yet. And the verdict will be out for several more years.

"What Mike Ellis has done for coaches, it's like the basketball gods are smiling down on VCU right now because of how much they've given and done for coaches,'' said Charlotte coach Alan Major, a former Ohio State assistant who participated in Villa 7's events in 2007. "The ball is bouncing their way because of how many guys they've helped, selflessly.''
[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2011/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=6270629][b]Villa 7 opened doors for Shaka Smart[/b][/url], ESPN.com

[quote=“HP49er, post:21, topic:25216”]Alan Major is no Shaka Smart… yet. And the verdict will be out for several more years.

"What Mike Ellis has done for coaches, it's like the basketball gods are smiling down on VCU right now because of how much they've given and done for coaches,'' said Charlotte coach Alan Major, a former Ohio State assistant who participated in Villa 7's events in 2007. "The ball is bouncing their way because of how many guys they've helped, selflessly.''
[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2011/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=6270629][b]Villa 7 opened doors for Shaka Smart[/b][/url], ESPN.com[/quote]I am starting to become concerned the way Major talks about "the game"... ???

I can almost hear the tweets now.

“Perennial third assistant and now major underachieving Charlotte 49er coach Alan Major also worships pagan basketball gods. Judy Rose and shoutbox gang rejoice.”

I was talking about Stevens, not smart. It’s realistic to think he could get signed to an 8 year $2.5 mil contract.

I can almost hear the tweets now.

“Perennial third assistant and now major underachieving Charlotte 49er coach Alan Major also worships pagan basketball gods. Judy Rose and shoutbox gang rejoice.”[/quote]

A+ post. I laughed.

Not to mention that he’s using the previous coach’s players. Why has no one mentioned that? Someone always mentions that (especially when they want to be critical, instead of complimentary).

Fortunately every situation is the same and you can make direct comparisons.

FORTUNATELY…