Alan Major > Shaka Smart

Now that I got your attention with the title, I just wanted to point out that coach was able to get Pierria Henry to commit after Shaka Smart lost him at VCU.

I don’t remember all the specifics with Pierria and what happened with VCU, along with his considerations of playing football, but after seeing what an amazing motivator and personality Shaka Smart is, I think it at least says something for Coach Major that Pierria chose Charlotte after his de-commitment at VCU.

P.S. - Before anyone freaks out, I don’t actually believe Coach Major > Shaka Smart. I am sooo impressed with everything I see and hear out of Coach Smart. Coach Major has a ways to go but I thought this was worth pointing out now that Coach Smart has made such a name for himself.

Shaka looks great, but so did Paul Hewitt. We know how that worked out.

Really? Couldn’t find a caucasian or other non-African colored person to compare him to? Ninernation.net and NinerJags are bastions of racism!

Really? Couldn’t find a caucasian or other non-African colored person to compare him to? Ninernation.net and NinerJags are bastions of racism![/quote]

lol

Never gave it a thought since I don’t use that lens. Just thinking of guys who made a Final 4 and were subsequently fired from the same school.

Until the ink is on the LOI I forbid anyone from using Henry as a recruiting win story. the fact that Murphy’s Law is filing for a name change to Niner’s Law should tell you need to know

One guy? On top of that, Smart won’t have the chance to get fired from VCU, he’s gonna get paid next year.

Shaka Smart doesn’t HAVE to leave VCU. Maybe they can pony up more money from the revenue they will earn from this trip. I heard it’s around $2.4 mil over the next 6 years.

[quote=“2k, post:8, topic:25216”]Shaka Smart doesn’t HAVE to leave VCU. Maybe they can pony up more money from the revenue they will earn from this trip. I heard it’s around $2.4 mil over the next 6 years.[/quote] If true, I’d just ask Smart how he wants it distributed/ spent…

You’re right, but he probably will leave in the next couple of years. If Brad Stevens wins it all this year though, I wonder if he retires at Butler?

You’re right, but he probably will leave in the next couple of years. If Brad Stevens wins it all this year though, I wonder if he retires at Butler?[/quote]

Itd be hard to turn down an extra $20 million over the next 10 years somewhere else… Just sayin.

If someone gives a coach a $20 mil contact based of one run, their f’ing retarded.

been burned too many times before. I will feel much better when that ink is dry.

I think we’ll hang on to this one. None of those burns hurt as much as the Beasley burn.

you could point to Beasley being the beginning of the end for Lutz’ recruiting here.

Really? Couldn’t find a caucasian or other non-African colored person to compare him to? Ninernation.net and NinerJags are bastions of racism![/quote]

Welcome to NN.net, Kojo. I know your input will be interesting if nothing else. Here, your fiery persona and crusading spirit will fit in well and be very entertaining. But, be prepared, because most of us here will whip your ass with common sense, logic, and intelligence. :))

Welcome to NN.net, Kojo. I know your input will be interesting if nothing else. Here, your fiery persona and crusading spirit will fit in well and be very entertaining. But, be prepared, because most of us here will whip your ass with common sense, logic, and intelligence. :))[/quote]

Yes, most of us will but I somehow doubt 49er1 falls under the “most Niner fans” category.

I’ve always thought exactly the same thing.

I’ve always thought exactly the same thing.[/quote]

You think?

I’ve always thought exactly the same thing.[/quote]

You think?[/quote]

The beginning of the end was when he took interest in the Tennessee job when we were ranked.