Alex Highsmith Named to Pre-Season Watch List

Highsmith could be something special in the NFL.

1 Like

I know this is above, but I wanted to note that he is making his local news outlets. This is important for Charlotte as a whole because surprisingly (or not) there are not that many people in the area that are aware we have a football program. This type of press increases our footprint which not only helps get better athletes from this side of the state, but will also produce more graduates.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2019/11/13/former-ashley-football-star-a-semifinalist-for-national-award/

4 Likes

Named AP 3rd team All American! What an honor!! Proud of what he has done on and off the field

4 Likes

Also Third Team AA by PFF, and Second Team by Sports Illustrated.

2 Likes

That week 9 game against Northern Illinois was a classic! Glad that Highsmith is getting recognition though, dude is a stud.

1 Like
1 Like

“I went and toured the campus and immediately going into that campus I fell in love with it. It was such a great place. I found out that they were an up and coming program, a start up program, and I thought it would be really cool to be a part of that program. Charlotte was really the best option for me, and I do not regret going there at all. I love it and I’m a niner for life.”

5 Likes

When should we expect to start hearing reports on our guys at the combine?

Highsmith is on Saturday. The other guys are on Friday.

1 Like

WSOC just had interviews with Benny and Cam who are roommates at the combine.

2 Likes

Alex Highsmith is the first mentioned under Edge Rushers. Way to “Own Indy” Alex!

2 Likes

Would love to see Highsmith with the Dolphins. They are defense minded and have struggled finding edge rushers. They also have lots of picks.

1 Like
1 Like

I have to believe that teams have a checklist they use when interviewing potential draftees, and one item is “Not an asshat”. Charlotte players score well on this one.

3 Likes