Alex Highsmith selected by Steelers

Didn’t watch game but just saw he had five tackles. Not bad at all for a 3rd round rookie.

I was a little harsh there. His first tackle was amazing. He had a few other good tackles. He really never got too close to a sack. He complained about being held, but TJ Watt gets held almost every play. Sometimes Alex ran to the football, but sometimes he was jogging to a live ball. If he was too tired, they have quality behind him

1 Like

“I just wanted to be the best I could be,” Highsmith said of his first career start. “I just went out there with a mindset of ‘next man up’ and a mentality to just go in there with the snaps and be as productive as I can be.

“I obviously set high standards for myself and I know I can be a lot better. So I’ll just continue to build every week and continue to get better. That’s the goal, just to help this team win, I have to fill in and just be my best self.”

1 Like

Alex = Heart, fortitude, relentless determination

1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes

clt says Alex gunna get paid

It was nice watching the Steelers- Colts game with a bunch of NC State/ Phillip Rivers fans. Awesome to see Highsmith get that last rush on Rivers to force a bad throw and ice the game.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I love that our best Niner is a Steeler who is making news as a starter. I expect more from him, but that is because I believe in him. Those doodoo Browns are coming at him Sunday; to make Alex look bad and to take his team’s victory away. I would like to see Alex angry about that; see him play angry and violent. Alex has a good heart it seems, much like Troy P it seems to me, but Troy P played angry and violent until each whistle. Alex can pray for forgiveness after each whistle:)

Alex will miss some plays Sunday. Chubb and Hunt are going to be hell, but Alex can make some great plays too . Will Alex make enough? Get angry before winning or get angry losing

Our best Niner? Nate and Larry might beg to differ.

2 Likes

You are correct. Those two set high bars so far. Alex could prove me right Sunday, but Larry could prove me wrong. For sure, Larry should dominate the replacement center

#56 getting some serious run from the commentators in the Browns game today.

“The rookie from Charlotte has really stepped up into his role…”

Lots of praise. Love seeing it.

I haven’t seen Larry today though. Is he hurt? Or just being held out of a meaningless game?

1 Like

Larry has been playing today. He seems to come out on expected passing plays.

Highsmith with the sack!!!

2 Likes