All-Disappointment Team

This is a team of 49ers players/recruits who I thought was going to be awesome here only to disappoint. We’ve probably had this thread a dozen times, but I think it’s been a while.

C- Martin Iti, duh
PF- Michael Beasley, tease
SF- An’Juan Wilderness, I always thought he could have turned it on at any time and dominated, but he never did besides one game his freshman year.
SG- Shamarr Bowden, obvious choice for me. Everybody thinking he would have given the 08 09 team ten more wins and then he tries to transfer. I thought I saw him in the Union the other day.
PG- Michael Gerrity/ Carlos Williams, couldn’t decide, Gerrity screwed us and Williams sucked and was an idiot.

Why limit to one player per position? Dew has to be on the list. All the tools to be a solid player, just seemed like he had a mental block. I swear he needed a sports psych.

FTFY.

I’d throw Vince Grier in there somewhere.

Iti for sure
Dew because he just couldn’t put it together
Butter Johnson
Anjuan - but only because he raised my expectations his freshman year.
Pino Pipes - because with a cool name like that I expected more
Carlos
Tory Reed

We’ve had a guy for that for a while.

You guys are way too hard on Iti, the same our fanbase was too hard on Phil Jones for 3 years, etc.

Disappointment is a different term than being hard on a player. Really it depends on what the expectations were when they came in. I am not disappointed in Dijuan because I didn’t expect much. When it comes to Iti though I expected way more than what we got. If he hadn’t of had a stupid handler feeding him info and had stuck it out maybe he could have change the disappointment or if he had not been rated so highly his on the court performance wouldn’t seem so bad. I see what you are saying - but I don’t see how anyone can not be disappointed in what we THOUGHT we were getting and what we actually got. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t end up being a solid contributor though.

I think people’s reason for naming Iti is not so much b/c he was hyped but b/c he fed into it himself.

Other than that he was serviceable.

Spears and Jones. Bailed on the team.

PG - Mitchell Baldwin
SG - Chris Sager
SF - Charles Dewhurst
PF - Tory Reed
C - Jonathan Neely

I hate putting Dewhurst on this list. But like 2k said, you saw all of the tools with him, and after 5 seasons he still never felt comfortable trying to score.

We’ve had a guy for that for a while.[/quote]well, maybe it’s time for a change. He had ZERO confidence in his abilities.

FTFY.

I’d throw Vince Grier in there somewhere.[/quote]

Grier might be the top of my list. Especially when I saw what he did at Minnesota.

FTFY.

I’d throw Vince Grier in there somewhere.[/quote]

Grier might be the top of my list. Especially when I saw what he did at Minnesota.[/quote]

It makes it not as bitter for me since Basden became an all time favorite of most and got his jersey on the wall.

I’m disappointed in myself. Years of being a bad fan has hurt the program.

Deanglo Alexander.

I would add Andre Davis to the list. I believe he had 35 points against Davidson his freshman year. He was very solid his first two seasons. Then, he took some time off from the team for personal reasons. When he came back, Davis had lost most of his offensive game. He finished his career as a role player.

Davis was definitely an asset to the program but he did not reach his potential. He could have been one of our all time greats.

I’d just like to throw Wabash Valley College in general in the mix as a disappointment.

Remember when he beat #10 Louisville? He spent his senior season playing with a seperated shoulder. Most of his career he was Demon’s backup. I’d venture to go as far to say he was the best backup PG I’ve seen at Charlotte.

Remember when he beat #10 Louisville? He spent his senior season playing with a seperated shoulder. Most of his career he was Demon’s backup. I’d venture to go as far to say he was the best backup PG I’ve seen at Charlotte.[/quote]

Yes but I’m sure Normmmm made that statement contingent on the hype coming in. I’d put Los Turnover ahead of Mitch though.

I never thought DA was a disappointment. He was just a ball hog who actually hurt our team during Curt’s senior year.