Alma Mater at games this year?

Question for UNCCTF or another band member. 2 or 3 months ago we had an ongoing discussion about why the band did not play the alma mater at our games. What was the outcome? Will it be played at games this year?

GO NINERS!!!

B)

we’ve got the sheet music, but we haven’t started work on it yet. it’s a start though.

Thanks for your quick response. BTW, the banded sounded pretty darn good at the exhibition game.

B)

I thought I was just excited that the season was finally starting, but I also thought that the band sounded really good at the exhibition game.

Wow, thanks for the compliments, we were all thinking we didn’t sound so good since the band has nearly DOUBLED this year and it’s hard to get that many new people in sync with all our quirks. But thanks for the positive feedback! I’m sure that once we get all our staples nailed down with all the new folks, we’ll begin work on that Alma Mater.

:slight_smile:

I thought they sounded good as well, but alas, no Sideshow … man, how things change. This is my fifth season at the mic, but it seems like only 2 or 3.

Kristi … you’ve got to tell the director to get you guys warmed up before the CD music stops at 20:00 left … it kills momentum to not hit right into a song … just a thought … :slight_smile:

I agree. And it’d be nice if we played something besides a whole-note scale, maybe a real warm up, but I’m sure that’s the least of his worries.

[b]...since the band has nearly DOUBLED this year[/b]

Louder is usually better, especially if you have more horns. I go to a lot of high school football games, and the best sounding bands are usually the bigger ones which also have more horns. I know they still have to know how to play, but it usually holds true. The bigger bands are much more noticable. Glad to know the band is growing. I look forward to hearing you guys.

The band gets better every year. Keep up the good work.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 10:27 PM [b] The band gets better every year. Keep up the good work. [/b]
I agree with LakeNorman. One request, the music that was originally used to spell U-N-C-C and now (i think) is used to spell N-I-N-E-R-S, could you [b]please[/b] stop playing that? [b]IF[/b] anybody spells anything while that is played, they're spelling U-N-C-C but it only goes through 3 times so they end up just spelling U-N-C. Just my 2 cents. I'd love to see something new replace that and get the crowd into "forty" "niners" or something but when that music plays most people just stand around not knowing what to do.
[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@Nov 8 2004, 07:00 AM [b] I agree with LakeNorman. One request, the music that was originally used to spell U-N-C-C and now (i think) is used to spell N-I-N-E-R-S, could you [b]please[/b] stop playing that? [b]IF[/b] anybody spells anything while that is played, they're spelling U-N-C-C but it only goes through 3 times so they end up just spelling U-N-C. Just my 2 cents. I'd love to see something new replace that and get the crowd into "forty" "niners" or something but when that music plays most people just stand around not knowing what to do. [/b]
You're preaching to the wrong choir there, man. The cheerleaders and athletic dept. make us play that one.

My thoughts exactly, TF just beat me to it.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF+Nov 8 2004, 08:21 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UNCCTF @ Nov 8 2004, 08:21 AM)

TF - Have I ever mentioned my thougths about the electric bass guitar ? ? ? Turn down his/her volume ! ! ! !

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 01:08 AM [b] Question for UNCCTF or another band member. 2 or 3 months ago we had an ongoing discussion about why the band did not play the alma mater at our games. What was the outcome? Will it be played at games this year?

GO NINERS!!!

B) [/b]

Who will even know it if it’s played?

I covered a HS football game at Garinger a couple weeks ago and they played “Lean Back” by Fat Joe. Can you guy pick this one up TF?? I’d rather hear that than the alma mater.