Alumni Game participants + attendees

Per David Scott, the annual Alumni game prior to the Charlotte-UAB tilt will include:

Dan Bannister
Reggie Barnes
Ben Basinger
Robert Earl Blue
Jack Bolly
Todd Crowley
Norris Dae
Eric “Slim” Duncan
Chris Dwiggins
Cass Ferguson
Harrison Finklea
Scott Fitzgibbons
Tremaine Gardiner
Butch Gilbert
Travis Gordon
B. Stanley Graham
Ray Gromlowicz
Richard Guffy
Gary Gummerson
Jon Heath
Roderick Howard
George Jackson
Jimmy James
Kay Kinch (wife of Chad Kinch)
Kevin King
Phil Mattox
Matt Messina
Carroll Mizelle
Brad Mulkey
Jermain Parker
Sean Phaler
Lee Rose
Jonathan Shaw
Spencer Singleton
Ron Stallings
Michael Stikeleather
David Taylor
Pat Taylor
Bershuan Thompson
George Walker
Mike Washington
Roy Wells
Lee Whitfield
Keith Williams
Irvin Williamson

Charlotteobserver.com: The Gold Mine Feb 21

clt says there is one notable absence.

No crap- where is Benny Moss?

i heard the disturbing/questionable rumor that don pearce had died. any truth to this? i haven’t gotten any confirmation at ALL!
any word???

no Jarvis?

Do they change 5 in and out every 4 min? That’s alot of players. Do all play or some just sit there and watch?

Was hoping to see Dinkins name on the list.

I’m glad to see names like Kevin King, Robert Earl Blue, Jon Heath, George Jackson, and Lee Rose on the list.

[font=Arial]I felt the same, 49r9r. I hope one or all of them, while visiting “home” could voice their opinion about the current situation.[/font]

Hootie, Benny is in Asheville today, as an assistant for former 49ers nemesis coach Cliff Ellis at Coastal Carolina. They are leading the South Division of the Big South, could clinch today. He and his family love CCU and there are few better hoops teachers than Ellis. I was thrilled to sit in on their practice when they came to High Point last year.

His son is a very good basketball player. Made the varsity as a freshman, shoots the long ball like Benny (better). I might add, he will dunk, something his dad never did.

Hootie, Benny is in Asheville today, as an assistant for former 49ers nemesis coach Cliff Ellis at Coastal Carolina. They are leading the South Division of the Big South, could clinch today. He and his family love CCU and there are few better hoops teachers than Ellis. I was thrilled to sit in on their practice when they came to High Point last year.

His son is a very good basketball player. Made the varsity as a freshman, shoots the long ball like Benny (better). I might add, he will dunk, something his dad never did.[/quote]

Thanks for the update- I’m going to the UAB game today or I would go over to UNCA and say hello. His is from the same hometown as me and our families have known each other for over 50 yrs. Great guy, glad he’s doing well.

clt reports Malik el Tamir is waiting patiently by his phone.

clt, you are the light that shines in the darkness.

Dinkins high school team plays in state championship game today.