An epic week?

This could be an epic week for Niner fans.

Assuming we make it to the soccer final I am planning on 6 events in 7 days.

This coming weekend could be especially awesome.

Here’s the dream scenario.

Friday night we advance to the soccer final on Sunday. After that game hit Halton for the second half of the first regular season victory for Mark Price, during which the niners show a new level of discipline, strategy and effort. And hit their free throws!!! Saturday the niners pick up their 2nd FBS and first conference win in a hard fought battle against UTSA, where a young Brooks Barden puts down a marker as the future of this team. Sunday the niners take the CUSA soccer title in an absolute blowout, sending them into the NCAA tournament with a bullet!

After last weeks double dose of disappointment, I am so ready for round two.

Come on Niners!!!

I’d be satisfied with just a basketball win.

#lowbar

[quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:29948”]I’d be satisfied with just a basketball win.

#lowbar[/quote]

on Monday night over Methodist.

Attendance will be interesting. Will people choose soccer or basketball? Will anyone show up for football? What will the students choose? Can our fans even handle bball Friday, football Saturday, soccer Sunday?..answers: it will suck because we have a culture of losing

Thank goodness we have fans like you to keep the positive vibes alive

I’m choosing soccer then basketball.

If the niners have it wrapped up on the field will leave early and head to Halton.

Thank goodness we have fans like you to keep the positive vibes live[/quote]

Unfortunately…decades of the same old song and dance have killed the positive vibes of many long time supporters

the thought has crossed my mind that I just need to give up and become a casual fan.

But what if I do that and we get good?

I would feel like such an ass running back to the niners in that situation.

Better to just stick it out I think.

So much for the epic week.

A week that started with hope and optimism has turned into a big pile of green colored shit.

We had the potential for 5 wins in our biggest 3 sports. All at home and got nothing.

That’s zero wins.

Zero. Zip. Nada.

No moral victories, nothing to hang our hats on.

Just an absolute negative.

My Niner fanship has never been at a lower point.

I have to ask myself seriously if I want to spend the last third of my life putting up with this crap.

I’ve just about had it.

I mean seriously guys are we cursed?

[quote=“Gassman, post:10, topic:29948”]A week that started with hope and optimism has turned into a big pile of green colored s***.

We had the potential for 5 wins in our biggest 3 sports. All at home and got nothing.

That’s zero wins.

Zero. Zip. Nada.

I have to ask myself seriously if I want to spend the last third of my life putting up with this crap.

I’ve just about had it.

I mean seriously guys are we cursed?[/quote]

The athletics program absolutely failed this week for sure. My patience and understanding are completely gone at this point, along with the fans that used to fill the basketball arena back in the day. Can it be any worse? Chapel Hill gets caught for all kinds of cheating and rules breaking in their program and their football team is now 9-1 on the season and men’s basketball is ranked number 1 in the country. We carry a clean program and have zero to show for it.

[quote=“d-roc49, post:11, topic:29948”][quote=“Gassman, post:10, topic:29948”]A week that started with hope and optimism has turned into a big pile of green colored s***.

That’s zero wins.

Zero. Zip. Nada.

I’ve just about had it.

The athletics program absolutely failed this week for sure. My patience and understanding are completely gone at this point, along with the fans that used to fill the basketball arena back in the day. Can it be any worse? Chapel Hill gets caught for all kinds of cheating and rules breaking in their program and their football team is now 9-1 on the season and men’s basketball is ranked number 1 in the country. We carry a clean program and have zero to show for it.[/quote]

clt says UNC Cheat is like the last night in Vegas, have your fun before reality hits.

[quote=“d-roc49, post:11, topic:29948”][quote=“Gassman, post:10, topic:29948”]A week that started with hope and optimism has turned into a big pile of green colored s***.

That’s zero wins.

Zero. Zip. Nada.

I’ve just about had it.

The athletics program absolutely failed this week for sure. My patience and understanding are completely gone at this point, along with the fans that used to fill the basketball arena back in the day. Can it be any worse? Chapel Hill gets caught for all kinds of cheating and rules breaking in their program and their football team is now 9-1 on the season and men’s basketball is ranked number 1 in the country. We carry a clean program and have zero to show for it.[/quote]

Good point. Now I’m even more depressed

CHARLOTTE athletics in a nutshell. I we can suck, we will do it with gusto.

Awful across the board

I went to the soccer game and watched us get upset in the first round. I went to the Elon debacle. Then, for icing on the cake, I go scrambling to today’s football game when I could not get there until game time. Now, for the grand finale, I realize I am out of beer.

I went to the soccer game and watched us get upset in the first round. I went to the Elon debacle. Then, for icing on the cake, I go scrambling to today’s football game when I could not get there until game time. Now, for the grand finale, I realize I am out of beer.[/quote]

Get your ass to the store pronto!!! That is unacceptable!

I went to the soccer game and watched us get upset in the first round. I went to the Elon debacle. Then, for icing on the cake, I go scrambling to today’s football game when I could not get there until game time. Now, for the grand finale, I realize I am out of beer.[/quote]

Don’t watch the panthers game please that comes on at 4:25pm tomorrow.

Don’t watch the panthers game please that comes on at 4:25pm tomorrow.[/quote]

The Panther game is still at 1:00, isn’t it? The schedule on their website still says 1:00.

Sadly I was right

Sadly I was right[/quote]

Student turn out was fairly solid and FSL side was good. It was general admission and season ticket holders who didn’t show.