Andy Katz

Andy Katz

A few tidbits about the game, Curt’s Dunk, and one of our fans acting like an asshole.

That’s more than a few tidbits. Wow! And I was just beginning to get over it. Ouch.

The college basketball headliner was supposed to be Kentucky at North Carolina, but Saturday’s best game (and so far this season) turned out to be Alabama’s 102-101 triple-overtime victory over Charlotte.

[b]With our schedule, we're not going to go 10-1 or 9-2 in the non-conference," Lutz said. "That's not the type of schedule we play." [/b]

Actually that is exactly the type of non-conference schedule we play this year.
We can’t afford to lose anymore non-conference games.

Sounds like Maryland is also suffering through some poor free throw shooting. They only hit 50% versus GW.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:39 PM [b]
[b]With our schedule, we're not going to go 10-1 or 9-2 in the non-conference," Lutz said. "That's not the type of schedule we play." [/b]

Actually that is exactly the type of non-conference schedule we play this year.
We can’t afford to lose anymore non-conference games. [/b]

That was the first thing I said to myself. This year has been the worst OCS in the Lutz tenure IMO.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 01:39 PM [b]

[/b]

This is real interesting because I heard him on Lutz Live the other night predict we would be 10-1 or 9-2 going to conference play.

A caller asked him where he thought we would stand going into conference play and he said he would obviously like us at 10-1 but he thought we would most likely stand at 9-2. He went on to say that 8-3 would be a dissapointment.

Quite the condradiction coach. Be ready to be dissapointed because I don’t see us being any better than 8-3 and possibly worse.

PI, are you excited about anything on this team?

“It’s all mental,” Lutz said. “I don’t have an answer. We know we’re not a great free-throw shooting team so we’ve got to find a way to win games despite that.”

WTF? So we’re conceding that we are just going to be a poor FT shooting team?

Fix it!!! >:(

Bobby Lutz:

[b]We know we're not a great free-throw shooting team so we've got to find a way to win games despite that.[/b]

^ What I don’t like there is it sounds like Lutz is just accepting that we are always going to suck at FTs and there is nothing we can do about it. I hope this is not the case and that he is really stressing them in practice. FTs are the only thing stopping us from being a top 20 team right now.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 04:51 PM [b] PI, are you exciting about anything on this team? [/b]
Yeah, I'm excited about getting to see Withers play, if he gets the chance. I'm excited about the play of Eddie Basden. I am excited about how Baldwin is handling the point and his defense. I am excited about seing Leemire and would love to see him get some more minute at the 2 guard with Baldwin. I am excited about Nance, if he could get on the floor and I am excited about having EJ for 2 years. But guys like you don't want to see any of that, do you? You skip right on over those posts and read what you want.

Ej has been on the court a lot,and besides the ref’s don’t respect EJ no sense having him mugged every game and getting turnovers.

Its a crime that the dunk Katz is talking about wasn’t televised…

I watched sportscenter twice on Sunay and saw nothing. Did they not have any footage of the game? Didn’t one of the local news channels have it? I would have loved to see that dunk. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 06:17 PM [b] I'm excited about the play of Eddie Basden. [/b]
Wow, this wasn't the case about two years ago if my memory serves me correctly. I believe you were one of Eddie's harshest critics. Eddie may not be an offensive machine but he is great defensively and I would love to see more of our players play with the heart he has. Looks like he comes prepared every game and rarely do you see him get rattled.
[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 01:35 AM [b] I watched sportscenter twice on Sunay and saw nothing. Did they not have any footage of the game? Didn't one of the local news channels have it? I would have loved to see that dunk. :( [/b]
No TV for the game, only footage would be local charlotte TV stations and there was the teams camera up top I believe.......awesome dunk. That game should've been on TV, had it been even with the loss we would've got good buzz and like Katz said its the best game of the season so far.