Andy Katz

Here’s a bit from Andy Katz’s ESPN column.

EDDIE BASDEN, Charlotte: Basden made a strong case for Conference USA player of the year with his 24 points, seven boards and three steals in a win over Memphis. Basden followed that up with 17 points, eight boards and six blocks in a home win over Southern Miss. Charlotte has won nine of their last 10 games and Basden has been one of the main reasons for its consistency.

Consistency is a very big thing that goes in Basden’s favor. He doesn’t just get up for the big games, he gets up for every game and that says a lot for the guy. I don’t think it matters if it is Cinci or Tulane, the guy is going to approach each game with the same aggressive attitude. Nice bit by Andy Katz, he always seems to respect the Niners.

Before the season started, Katz called Bobby Lutz (as he does with most coaches) to ask about the team. Lutz told him we could be real good. Lutz, unlike the coach at Memphis is not full of BS. Katz and Bilas jumped on early and look great now.

[i]Originally posted by DrJ708[/i]@Mar 1 2005, 10:49 PM [b] Basden followed that up with 17 points, eight boards and six blocks in a home win over Southern Miss.

[/b]

Im guessing that part about 6 blocks was steals…I think Iit had 6 blocks…But hey, anyone who read that would be like damn, that boy can do it alllllllllll