Angie Aparo @ Amos's 6-15-06

[QUOTE=Powerbait;177526]
[/QUOTE]

Ha! I was one of the 8 people there, good times.

I called Amos’s today and listened to their recorded message.

Doors open at 8:00 tomorrow. They said cover is $10 in advance and $12 at the door.

Also, if anyone is looking for a decent way to kill some time a little earlier tomorrow, a pretty good band is playing downtown at Wachovia Plaza for “Alive After Five” (actually starts at 5:30). The band is the Spongetones. They’ve been playing in Charlotte and vicinity since the late 70’s and play mainly stuff like the Stones, Beatles, Zeppelin, etc, and some original stuff. They still sound pretty damn good.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;177549]John Mayer…

???

What is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

I don’t like John Mayer’s voice… at all… but he can play the hell out of a guitar. Check out his cover of Lenny (SRV). He also does Wind Cries Mary, but he gays it up too much with that singing.

I, unlike most music fans, don´t care how proficient someone is with their instrument. I care about the quality of songs they produce.

I love rock and roll.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;177651]I, unlike most music fans, don´t care how proficient someone is with their instrument. I care about the quality of songs they produce.

I love rock and roll.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your thoughts Joan Jett…

Joan Jett could beat up Angie Aparo.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;177661]Joan Jett could beat up Angie Aparo.[/QUOTE]

Joan Jett could beat up you and me…

anyone hear him on 106.5 today at about 5:45?? That was a good version of spaceship live, I need a copy of that. I told you he gets invited to thier studio everytime he’s in town…

Okay okay, time for the real show tommorrow.

Angie, naturally, was awesome. Had a backing band this time and they really put a lot of energy into the show. I’m disappointed in the crowd, he deserves far better. Next time he’s in town, I really recommend going out to see him.

Good too to see Over40 and JimmyHat. NQH says you’re both gentlemen and scholars.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;177757]Good too to see Over40 and JimmyHat. NQH says you’re both gentlemen and scholars.[/QUOTE]

That’s the same thing everyone who knows me says about me.