Announcer at the game

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why the announcer is asking the fans to make noise when we have the ball on a third down? Is Lambert asking for this, or does the announcer not know football?

I think it’s just ignorance on the part of the school. I remember seeing video’s up asking for us to get loud while we were on offense (on the video board at the Rich). That’s borderline embarrassing.

We have a CPI Security Red Zone and they probably paid solid coin for that announcement.
Ugh, but $ matters.

We have a CPI Security Red Zone and they probably paid solid coin for that announcement.
Ugh, but $ matters.[/quote]

…well if that’s the case, it makes a lot more sense to get loud when we are on DEFENSE and keep the opponents out of the end zone when they are in the red zone. TO SECURE THE END ZONE and keep the intruders OUT.

If Lambert is asking for it, cool. Considering that I’ve seen Johnson try to quiet the crowd a time or two, I don’t think he is.

This needs to stop. Immediately.

If Lambert is asking for it, cool. Considering that I’ve seen Johnson try to quiet the crowd a time or two, I don’t think he is.

This needs to stop. Immediately.[/quote]

Yes it is very embarrassing.

When the Panthers were new in the league they used to put something similar to this on the scoreboards reminding people to be quiet when the Panthers were on offense. We need to put this picture in our press box it sounds like.

EDIT: WE could even put a CPI logo on this and put it on the video boards.

NCCU had that same thing on their video feed, which I’m assuming was the scoreboard feed.

I’m completely shocked and astounded that the AD has allowed this to even happen. I know we give them a lot of hell, but I really hate it when they go out and show us that they deserve it.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:7, topic:29025”]NCCU had that same thing on their video feed, which I’m assuming was the scoreboard feed.

I’m completely shocked and astounded that the AD has allowed this to even happen. I know we give them a lot of hell, but I really hate it when they go out and show us that they deserve it.[/quote]

The NCCU band also played while their team had the ball. I liked them for doing that at first but it got old real quick. How can a QB call plays? Are there not rules in place keeping the bands from playing while either team is calling plays?

[quote=“NinerWiner, post:8, topic:29025”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:7, topic:29025”]NCCU had that same thing on their video feed, which I’m assuming was the scoreboard feed.

I’m completely shocked and astounded that the AD has allowed this to even happen. I know we give them a lot of hell, but I really hate it when they go out and show us that they deserve it.[/quote]

The NCCU band also played while their team had the ball. I liked them for doing that at first but it got old real quick. How can a QB call plays? Are there not rules in place keeping the bands from playing while either team is calling plays?[/quote]

I don’t think that’s overly abnormal… a band isn’t going to be anywhere near as loud as the rest of the stadium.

In actuality, that may help… the band playing may get folks to shut up.

This needs to stop. Immediately.[/quote]

I can’t imagine that someone could become a head football coach of at the college level and not know that you want quiet when you have the ball. Anyone with any football sense knows that. The announcer telling people to make noise when we have the ball is not only annoying, but can potentially hurt our team (because for some reason, people keep cheering when he tells them to! Surely most of these people know not to yell when you have the ball). This would be SO EASY to fix, I can’t understand why it is year 2 and it hasn’t happened yet.