Another NC School Wants Football

[COLOR=blue][B]http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/duke/story/1134207.html[/B][/COLOR]

And they think they can fill a 40,000 seat stadium.

He mentioned expanding the stadium capacity to 40,000

Pacman actually had a good idea on this one today (I know, hard to believe!). He said they should blow up most of the horseshoe and have only one side. The idea being to make the tickets more exclusive with fewer seats available.

I’m not sure if making the tickets more “exclusive” will do any good. You’re still paying to watch the world’s most expensive D-II football team. They can only lose to Clemson so many times before it gets boring.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;328410]Pacman actually had a good idea on this one today (I know, hard to believe!).[/QUOTE]

yep, this is the last person I expected to hear a good idea from.

or was it

[QUOTE=Boomer31;328411]I’m not sure if making the tickets more “exclusive” will do any good. You’re still paying to watch the world’s most expensive D-II football team. They can only lose to Clemson so many times before it gets boring.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and jacking the rates on the ticket prices is not going to make Duke fans want to go even more to watch their joke of a team. The ONLY benefit in reducing the number of seats at Wallace Wade would be that Duke fans might actually be in the majority for their conference games. Usually, it’s like they’re playing a road game every week once conference play begins.

i think duke requires basketball season ticket holders to buy football season tickets. so the best way for them to increase football ticket sales is to build a larger basketball arena. which will giveg them more basketball ticket sales. resulting in more football tickets. that only leaves the problem of getting the ticket holders to go to the games.