Another trade thread

This is an interesting one because I get to pick the WR.

12 team PPR league:

Forte, S Moss, and S Hill

for

Roethlisberger, Rice, and B Edwards

Instead of S Moss I could get Houz or S Holmes. Yes or no on the trade and am I picking the right receiver?

Its a tough one but I would sit tight with what I had, see how Edwards does in his new situation

Do you have another QB or is Hill going to be your #1?

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;435450]Do you have another QB or is Hill going to be your #1?[/QUOTE]

This, and who is/are your other RB’s? Rice is good in a PPR league. You’re giving up two good players and maybe a rejuvinated Edwards for one good RB.

Do you have another QB or is Hill going to be your #1?

Good question. Schaub is my #1. BB is my backup.

This, and who is/are your other RB's? Rice is good in a PPR league. You're giving up two good players and maybe a rejuvinated Edwards for one good RB.
Chris Johnson, Brian Westbrook, Rashad Mendenhall are my other RBs. I can start 3.

I agree about Rice; Rice is #8 to date in our league in scoring compared to Forte who is only #16. I think Houz is a big upgrade over Edwards, but I’m not sold that Forte is a big upgrade over Rice in a PPR. Forte doesn’t catch many balls anymore with Cutler at QB.

I may be making my team slightly better but I"m making his team a lot better because Hill is his #1. We are both 3-1. I’m leaning to no at this point.

A chance to get Fortr and Housh in a PPR? Take it. Both are on the upswing, this could be a laughable trade two or three weeks from now if they keep returning to form.

Rice is solid, but he will get less goalline carries and less receptions than Forte. Edwards will be lucky to get the playbook and develop chemistry with a rookie QB, even if he does both of those, how much higher is his upside compared to Housh in a PPR?

My only concer for you would be that you are officially banking on Schaub staying healthy, that is a tough call to make. If he is healthy and Hill only starts during Schaub’s bye, then this is a great deal.

And I do think Moss is the wrong choice. In a PPR take consistency. Moss is boom-or-bust. Housh on a bad day will get 4-5 catches for 40 yards, Moss is going to have more than a few 2 catch games. I could see considering Holmes, but I’d take Housh first and Moss would be my last choice.

A chance to get Fortr and Housh in a PPR? Take it. Both are on the upswing, this could be a laughable trade two or three weeks from now if they keep returning to form.

Rice is solid, but he will get less goalline carries and less receptions than Forte. Edwards will be lucky to get the playbook and develop chemistry with a rookie QB, even if he does both of those, how much higher is his upside compared to Housh in a PPR?

My only concer for you would be that you are officially banking on Schaub staying healthy, that is a tough call to make. If he is healthy and Hill only starts during Schaub’s bye, then this is a great deal.

And I do think Moss is the wrong choice. In a PPR take consistency. Moss is boom-or-bust. Housh on a bad day will get 4-5 catches for 40 yards, Moss is going to have more than a few 2 catch games. I could see considering Holmes, but I’d take Housh first and Moss would be my last choice.

I pretty much agree with this. Hill is best as a reserve (use only on bye week). Housh will get catches, Moss has a defunct offense for the foreseeable future.

The only reason I wouldn’t make the trade is the possibility of making him better at the QB position. It may be more about keeping his roster thin, and predictable, rather than going for a chance of optimal potential with your lineup.

Great feedback guys.

What about Calvin Johnson for Brain Westbrook straight up? Same league, just got the offer.

Depends on Johnson’s numbers. Westbrook has played in only one game (I think) of three. He’s usually injury prone, so I’d beware.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;435517]Great feedback guys.

What about Calvin Johnson for Brain Westbrook straight up? Same league, just got the offer.[/QUOTE]

Who are your other WRs? It would leave you with only 2 reliable RBs, but in terms of value, I would much rather have Calvin over Westbrook. McCoy played well with Westbrook out, McCoy will see a bigger role now to help keep Westbrook from getting hurt.

Regarding the original trade, I think it’s too early to worry about making opponants better. If you get to weeks 10,11, 12 and there is clearly a team or two that has separated themselves from the pack, then you start worrying about improving them. But 4 weeks in, the goal is to make your team as good as you can to make sure you get in the playoffs. Plus, if you pull off the initial trade you will be making that guy’s team worse by taking Forte and Housh for Rice and Edwards. I personally don’t think you need to worry about it from that angle, just try to improve your team for now.

I also have steve smith nyg, vincent jackson, and deshaun jackson, so i already have three great receivers but i could start four and two rbs

Depends on Johnson's numbers. Westbrook has played in only one game (I think) of three. He's usually injury prone, so I'd beware.

I’m getting C Johnson, and right now he is the #7 WR in our league’s scoring.

Who are your other WRs? It would leave you with only 2 reliable RBs, but in terms of value, I would much rather have Calvin over Westbrook. McCoy played well with Westbrook out, McCoy will see a bigger role now to help keep Westbrook from getting hurt.

Regarding the original trade, I think it’s too early to worry about making opponants better. If you get to weeks 10,11, 12 and there is clearly a team or two that has separated themselves from the pack, then you start worrying about improving them. But 4 weeks in, the goal is to make your team as good as you can to make sure you get in the playoffs. Plus, if you pull off the initial trade you will be making that guy’s team worse by taking Forte and Housh for Rice and Edwards. I personally don’t think you need to worry about it from that angle, just try to improve your team for now.

Now that I’m on the computer instead of my phone I can type more. I agree with your second part because you never know what could happen down the road with injuries, etc. MJD could get injured and he’d go from being one of my toughest competitor’s to not that good.

At the end the day I decided not to do this trade because of Schaub’s injury history, and because Forte has a rough playoff schedule + I don’t consider him to be a huge upgrade over Rice in this format.

I think I’m going to do the C Johnson for Westbrook trade and start four WRs from this point forward excluding byes.