Another win!!

We keep on winning, but I would like to see a blowout against a team lie ECU. I did not get to go to the game, but on the radio it sounded like we kept letting ECU back into the game instead of putting the knockout punch.

I’ll take the win but I want UAB more.

[i]Originally posted by Woodman[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 09:57 PM [b] We keep on winning, but I would like to see a blowout against a team lie ECU. I did not get to go to the game, but on the radio it sounded like we kept letting ECU back into the game instead of putting the knockout punch. [/b]
no discipline. I would love to see what Eddie Sutton, Bob Knight, or bob Huggins would do with this team.

Wasn’t pretty but we had a long layoff. We were up 18 points in the 2nd half and let them crawl right back in. We really need to become a team that can put someone away when we have them on the ropes like that. ECU is not that good and they had no business making that a game towards the end. But I agree that I’ll take the win and get ready to go on the road. We’ll be tested on Wednesday and should get a better idea what this team is made of.

[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt+Jan 8 2005, 09:26 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mike Niner Hunt @ Jan 8 2005, 09:26 PM)

An ugly win is much better than a pretty loss.

B)

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 10:27 PM [b] An ugly win is much better than a pretty loss.

B) [/b]

Very true

10-2 looks pretty damn good right now, regardless of how we got there.

The question is, are there 10 more wins out there, pretty or ugly? I hope so but this team more and more shows me they play to the level of the competition and that’s scary.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 10:37 PM [b] The question is, are there 10 more wins out there, pretty or ugly? I hope so but this team more and more shows me they play to the level of the competition and that's scary. [/b]
Well, on the bright side, despite playing down to the level of their competition, they're still beating those teams (with the exception of Rutgers who looked pretty good tonight). And we know that our guys will get up for the big names (Cincy, Louisville, Marquette). What worries me is how we'll play against the in-between teams like UAB, DePaul, Memphis, etc.) Those are the games where we'll need to play our better ball or we'll take a loss against an inferior team.

Also on the bright side we haven’t looked good since Long Beach. Hopefully we start this thing moving in the right direction and get some MO going into late Feb and March.

You guys amaze me sometimes, we are 10 and 2 and we need Bob Knight, come on…Enjoy

This team worries me. Something is missing. It seems to be the killer instinct. Where’s those Diego-led teams? Or those Bill Foster-coached teams? Foster’s kids would run the opposition out of the Mine Shaft even if we were up by 40!! How I would love to see that. A win IS a win though. I’m concerned about the BETTER teams we’ll play. Blowing an 18 point lead does not make me optimistic.

The officials did a pretty good job of stealing our momentum anytime we got any.

I wanted Matt to ask Eddie in the post game how he felt about the rule change that apparently makes stiff arms legal :stuck_out_tongue:

And could someone please inform Moussa Badiane that’s he emulating the wrong part of Dikembe’s game? If he throws one more cheap elbow, I hope he gets taken out.

We shot the ball pretty poorly last night and played with zero intensity the first 10 minutes and still won by 12…

Neither of those are acceptable, but we won. Easily. Jheesh.

It was a decent tune up for UAB.

10-2. :smiley:

missed the game, watched gametracker, what was the Nance Technical about?

[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Jan 9 2005, 08:31 AM [b] missed the game, watched gametracker, what was the Nance Technical about? [/b]
There was a bit of a scramble for a loose ball with a few bodies hitting the floor. Nance had pretty much fallen on top of the ECU guy, fighting for possession of the ball. Then Nance got a little too physical and pretty much shoved the guy in the face (not a punch). It had to be broken up at that point and Nance was tossed. It happened right in front of us and from what I could tell, the ejection was warranted and I'm surprised the situation didn't get worse than it did. But the officials and other players did a good job of keeping it in check. I'm sure the ECU guy said something to provoke Chris though.
[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Jan 9 2005, 08:31 AM [b] missed the game, watched gametracker, what was the Nance Technical about? [/b]
Scramble for a loose ball. They said Nance committed a flagrant foul while fighting for the ball. There were a lot of players & lots of contact, so it was difficult to tell exactly what was going on, but it looked like Nance may have jumped into the pile a little late & there was some shoving at the end. Nance may have shoved more than any others.

Ok guys lets remember that they lost to Western Carolina, which got whooped by UNCA. This certainly isn’t a win to brag about. The lack of discipline is a joke. Ok we’re 10-2 thats good. But with the level of competition we’ve played we should be at least 11-1, if not 12-0 considering the only team we’ve played worth a crap has been Bama at home.

Powerbait claims that Nance had a gun pulled on him in the scrum and was just defending himself.

Those refs were horrible, the one with the haircut like Moe from the three stooges especially. Our offense scares me. We will find out what we are made of on Wed.

You all are right, we are TERRIBLE, I mean time to fire Lutz, entire coaching staff,
go back to Div II