Anti-Footballers

A lot of us have posted on the NinerOnLine topics related to football. I don’t know if its true or not, but some anti-footballers are accussing pro-footballers of attacking them personally. They also claim that their IM and Email addresses are being passed around by pro-footballers.

Now, I’m just as passionate as the next guy here about adding football, hell, my screen name’s been the same since I joined. We all get excited and upset when we encounter people like Crystal, Raymond and Miss Deloatch, but if we stoop to personal attacks on them it will reflect poorly on us not only as individuals, but as a pro-football movement.

If they’re telling lies about us, respond with logic and denounce their lies. If some of us have gotten a little carried away with anger, well its time to rein that back. They know they’re on the losing side of this issue and they’re just negative about anything atheltics related. If they become organized then we will step up our response with logic and facts through CFI, but PLEASE don’t allow their ignorance to place any of us in a negative position!

We are winning, the students are with us, and we don’t need to anger anyone in the school’s administration at this critical time by having some anti-footballer going to them and accusing the whole movement of harrassing them. These are the tactics used by people who wish to turn peoples’ opionions with the “poor me, their mean and picking on me” tactic. We don’t need to give these sad folks any reason to denounce us.

As for posting on that board, we’re not going to change their minds, so unless you see a post from someone with legitimate questions, let’s just let our numbers speak for us. The next time I see them say something outrageously anti-football I intend to post “I’m a student, and I voted for football”. If you’re an alum, I’d suggest “I’m an Alum, and I support football”. If we put several hundred of those posts on one article, they can’t ignore that fact.

And remember, we are going to win!:toast:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;221604]A lot of us have posted on the NinerOnLine topics related to football.[/QUOTE]

…few of which have been published…

They probably have seen more trafic from us then they have ever seen on there website! How much ya want to bet that NNN gets 100 times the traffic as nineronline?? They should be thanking us for patronizing there site!

…and I really don’t think its the entire UTimes and niner online people against us… just a few feminists who are pissed off because football will is an all male sport and will draw a gazillion times more attention(by both men and women) then all of the women’s sports put together (…though equal “opportunities/scholarships” for both parties.

Let them have their opinion. It doesn’t matter in the end. No one remembers second place. Especially when they’re around 1% of the total population.

A lot of us have posted on the NinerOnLine topics related to football. I don't know if its true or not, but some anti-footballers are accussing pro-footballers of attacking them personally. They also claim that their IM and Email addresses are being passed around by pro-footballers.

Now, I’m just as passionate as the next guy here about adding football, hell, my screen name’s been the same since I joined. We all get excited and upset when we encounter people like Crystal, Raymond and Miss Deloatch, but if we stoop to personal attacks on them it will reflect poorly on us not only as individuals, but as a pro-football movement.

Agreed.

But I doubt if it’s true. Their articles typically have a very patronizing tone and the writers appear to be very full of themselves. They should really let the air out of their own overinflated egos and actually try to improve their writing. Instead, they seem really eager to write ‘response’ editorials to the stupid, little people who react (perhaps only in their own imaginations) to the ‘Ode to Penis’ articles or whatnot. It’s no wonder why no one takes the student paper seriously or why people like Dubois criticize members of the newspaper’s staff.

This is probably just another example of their persecution complex. I’m sure there are a lot of people who remembered how the student paper blacklisted the football topic or exaggerated the effect of increasing student fees and tuition?!? and now we want to rub it in. I don’t remember IMs being “passed around” - but I don’t see anything wrong about writing emails to the newspaper. Even Parksky was on the board saying 'if you disagree or don’t like it - then call me, write me, or come to the office."

Let them have their opinion. It doesn't matter in the end. No one remembers second place. Especially when they're around 1% of the total population.

If you’re not first, you’re last.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sore losers . Victim wannabees. Pacifists. Tattletales. Paranoid girly men.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sore losers . Victim wannabees. Pacifists. Tattletales. Paranoid girly men.[/SIZE][/FONT]

add to that “gym class rejections” I believe someone said. That cracks me up!

[QUOTE=MeanJoeGreen;221615][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sore losers . Victim wannabees. Pacifists. Tattletales. Paranoid girly men.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Word.

Seriously…If you guys are attacking any of these people or being hurtful in any way, knock it off. Act like adults. Personal attacks are childish and show weakness in your argument. Leave them alone. Let them be frustrated. Let them say stupid things. But DO NOT personally attack any of them. If you did send them an IM or email, send them an apology. Be the bigger person. And leave it at that. Act your age. 5 year olds call each other names, not 20 year olds.

who recalls this “passing out of email and screen names”??

yeah, I was wondering what was going on with that last night.

I was just reading that stuff on NinerOnline. Looks like Ktown was on there with the truth revolution. Also ‘kyle’ references that game where cough some students made some lady cry who was wearing a UNC-CH shirt.

Looks like Ktown was on there with the truth revolution.

BLASPHEMY!!! I only unleash the Revolution now on very special occassions…the last time being the now famous “Ma Beasley” and “David Poole” episodes.

Also 'kyle' references that game where *cough* some students made some lady cry who was wearing a UNC-CH shirt.

I still have NO problem with this. You walk into ANY college arena with the garb of another rival/big brother/regionally close school…you literally deserve what you get. I still wish we could market those instances each game with a positive spin of giving them a Niner shirt to wear. We could even set the first few up as “plants” to make it more fun and show that it is a harmless display of Niner Pride.

Alas…another one of my ideas ignored…I guess I need to be thankful it wasn’t used and stolen!

BLASPHEMY!!! I only unleash the Revolution now on very special occassions....the last time being the now famous "Ma Beasley" and "David Poole" episodes.

I still have NO problem with this. You walk into ANY college arena with the garb of another rival/big brother/regionally close school…you literally deserve what you get. I still wish we could market those instances each game with a positive spin of giving them a Niner shirt to wear. We could even set the first few up as “plants” to make it more fun and show that it is a harmless display of Niner Pride.

Alas…another one of my ideas ignored…I guess I need to be thankful it wasn’t used and stolen!

I think we should sue that one guy.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;221683]I was just reading that stuff on NinerOnline. Looks like Ktown was on there with the truth revolution. Also ‘kyle’ references that game where cough some students made some lady cry who was wearing a UNC-CH shirt.[/QUOTE]

I don’t care how wrong that is, keep up the good work.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;221683]I was just reading that stuff on NinerOnline. Looks like Ktown was on there with the truth revolution. Also ‘kyle’ references that game where cough some students made some lady cry who was wearing a UNC-CH shirt.[/QUOTE]

Our house, our rules. You wear someone elses crap in Halton and you should get the shaft!

Our house, our rules. You wear someone elses crap in Halton and you should get the shaft!

I agree, strictly for the reason that if you cry over something like that, then you have problems that go far past what is on your shirt. I know that I had a lot of people saying some things to me when I went to a UNC-CH game decked out in 9er gear. Did I cry? No. (well… maybe a little inside) But, I just came back with smart ass statements that seemed to confuse them. By the way, I was there, on the same side as that lady, and I was laughing my ass off. That was awesome.

OUR HOUSE , OUR RULES…BEAUTIFUL!!!