Anyone else think Mullis will redshirt next year?

Not sure if this has already been discussed on here yet, but I think it will happen. Next year, if Withers and Iti are still here, we will have an absolutely LOADED frontcourtā€¦

Here is what we have so far at the 4 and 5:

Drayton
Withers
Coleman
Nance
Iti
Mullis

AND we have the two JUCO power forwards visiting within the next couple weeks who are both eligible to play next season. If one of them signs, thatā€™s SEVEN frontcourt players. Now I know you can never have too much height, but thatā€™s a lot of players at just two positions (although EJ will play a lot of small forward Im sure). I just figured it might be smart to give Mullis a year to learn the system and work with Preston Green to get stronger. By his second year, Withers, Drayton and Nance will be gone. Anyone know if there is a good chance this will happen?

Is anyone really expecting Iti to stay here? Iā€™m not. Why would Lutz recruit 2 guys for next year and Roy Bright. Do we really have 3 schoolies open?

[b]Next year, if Withers and Iti are still here, we will have an absolutely LOADED frontcourt...[/b]

you must not be a college graduate, yet. Because, if you were, you would have said the following:

Next year, if Withers is still here, we will have an absolutely LOADED frontcourt in spite of Itiā€¦

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Apr 10 2005, 11:12 PM [b]
[b]Next year, if Withers and Iti are still here, we will have an absolutely LOADED frontcourt...[/b]

you must not be a college graduate, yet. Because, if you were, you would have said the following:

Next year, if Withers is still here, we will have an absolutely LOADED frontcourt in spite of Itiā€¦ [/b]

Nice.

lol true silvio, true

[b]Is anyone really expecting Iti to stay here? I'm not. Why would Lutz recruit 2 guys for next year and Roy Bright. Do we really have 3 schoolies open? [/b]

One, but does Bright count for next year?

Chisox, back to the original questionā€¦ Iā€™d be surprised if he played unless heā€™s greatly improved. Heā€™s a good, solid player, but should be strictly a role player in his 49er career.

(Mullis wonā€™t hurt the teamā€™s GPA any either.)

I mentioned Mullis redshirting in one of the recruiting threads. I think the logjam is at the 3 and add Jamison to the list. Itā€™s going to be nice to have 12 active scholarship players. This past year, we had 9.

I have Bennett at the 2 backed up by Leemire so this leavesā€¦

SF:
Drayton
Alexander (could also play the 2)
Jamison
Mullis

Bright would take the last scholarship (as it stands right now) for next year. He will sit out his year while on scholarship.

I think Mullis redshirting or not next year depends solely on what Withers does. If Withers stays, I think Mullis will be a redshirt. If not, weā€™ll probably need him as a reserve. As Lefty said, most of EJā€™s time will probably be spent at the 3, so I wouldnā€™t necessarily include him in the group listed. Also, Mullis has already spent an ā€œextraā€ year in high school/prep school, so he may not want to be redshirted.

Maybe Mullis will not redshirt because he is the only ā€˜4 yearā€™ player for 2005? Most other are JUCO or NCAA issues? I may have missed a 2005 freshman?