AP Top 25

Winthrop is at 24, App State is recieving votes… my how we have fallen.

Props to them though.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;222676]Winthrop is at 24, App State is recieving votes… my how we have fallen.

Props to them though.[/QUOTE]

someone dig up the thread I started at the beginning of the season about how much better Wintrhop’s program is, and I got drilled by half the board.

The all knowing metro is right again! We bow down before thee o great metro. Thank you for gracing us with your presence. Thank you also for always posting to let us know when you are right about something. We would have no idea how great you are if you didn’t.

Long live metro!!!

Here is another metro gem from the shoutbox:

[b]metro:[/b] where are all the gurus who bit my head off when I said before the season Winthrop has a better program

Mike_Persinger: “Team” and “program” are not interchangeable. They had a better team this year.

metro: they have a better program

I’ll make sure to dig this one back up in a few years when we no longer suck, Marshall is no longer at Winthrop, and Winthrop is still in the 30th best conference in the country.

[QUOTE=Max Power;222689]Here is another metro gem from the shoutbox:

I’ll make sure to dig this one back up in a few years when we no longer suck, Marshall is no longer at Winthrop, and Winthrop is still in the 30th best conference in the country.[/QUOTE]

Please do! And could you please put a fast forward on the next couple seasons? Gracias! :wink:

App St getting votes? And I was told I was crazy for saying they’ll get in the feild of 65. Probably an 11 to 13 but still should be in.

App St getting votes? And I was told I was crazy for saying they'll get in the feild of 65. Probably an 11 to 13 but still should be in.

app won’t get in. If they would have made it to the championship game it would have helped. Had UVA not layed an egg this weekend it would have helped, imagine the team that beat the ACC regular season champion not getting in.

[QUOTE=ninerID;222738]…imagine the team that beat the ACC regular season champion not getting in.[/QUOTE]

Wake would not have gotten in, regardless of where UVA finished (yea, I know, you were referring to App… but I couldn’t resist).

So why is Winthrop ranked, they have a 64 rpi and haven’t beaten anyone, they lost all four games they played against ranked opponents, so they beat up on a sorry conference and get ranked, doesn’t add up.

So why is Winthrop ranked, they have a 64 rpi and haven't beaten anyone, they lost all four games they played against ranked opponents, so they beat up on a sorry conference and get ranked, doesn't add up.
I agree. I'm sure the fact that the rankings are BS and a popularity contest helped them.

[QUOTE=Max Power;222685]The all knowing metro is right again! We bow down before thee o great metro. Thank you for gracing us with your presence. Thank you also for always posting to let us know when you are right about something. We would have no idea how great you are if you didn’t.

Long live metro!!![/QUOTE]

someone should hit you with a clue brick every now and then, make you snap out of it.

[QUOTE=49or bust;222767]I agree. I’m sure the fact that the rankings are BS and a popularity contest helped them.[/QUOTE]

DOBA. I wonder which writer voted for them. The sad thing is many casual fans think these polls mean something.

[QUOTE=XeroStrike;222737]App St getting votes? And I was told I was crazy for saying they’ll get in the feild of 65. Probably an 11 to 13 but still should be in.[/QUOTE]

I’ll tell you that your crazy, App State is an NIT team (who might be lucky to get a home NIT game).

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;222769]DOBA. I wonder which writer voted for them. The sad thing is many casual fans think these polls mean something.[/QUOTE]

it takes more than one writer to get you in the top 25, it takes alot of writers.

no they don’t mean anything, but they are more a correlation of momentum and usually deserved because of results, especially when small teams get crack in. We should be happy for Winthrop.

Winthrop has never won an NCAA tournament game. I am not ready to call them a better program than Charlotte. The last two years Winthrop has had a better RPI, but their conference affiliation, history, and quality wins do not outdo Charlotte in the last 5 years/10 years/all time.

the coaches poll has Winthrop at 22.

I agree. I'm sure the fact that the rankings are BS and a popularity contest helped them.

CRAP! we’ll never be ranked again!