App at Michigan

The score 28-17 at the half. A win in the ā€œBig Houseā€ and yet another D-1AA title puts Appalachian on the fast track to jumping to Division 1A. We cannot stand by for this if we are at all serious about this. There isnā€™t much room in the state of North Carolina for 6 Division 1A schools, let alone 7. I think only Texas has that many, and we arenā€™t in Texas.

Congratulations Jim Woodward on your lack of concern for the future of Charlotte athletics.

If we are serious about football, lets get going, if we arenā€™t please let me know so I can spend my time and money on my family more so than wasting it caring about this University.

Win or Lose, today probably millions of people saw what Appalachian State has done, they have heard the name, saw the program, Charlotte. . . . .our XCountry team beat USC and Clemson, give me a break.

[QUOTE=ninerID;256245]There isnā€™t much room in the state of North Carolina for 6 Division 1A schools, let alone 7. I think only Texas has that many, and we arenā€™t in Texas.[/QUOTE]

Florida has 7:

Central Florida
Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Florida State
Miami
South Florida

Texas has 10:

Baylor
Houston
North Texas
Rice
SMU
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
UTEP

Those 2 states account for almost 10% of the membership of the Football Bowl Subdivision (aka I-A).

We arenā€™t Florida either. Hopefully you at least see my point. Pulling talent to one of 7 D1A schools in NC is a lot harder than pulling it to 1 of 6, or 1 of 7 in Florida.

living in fear of app stateā€™s athletics

wow

Unfreakingreal

App wins AT Michigan.

INSANE

just so anyone knows michigan hasnā€™t ever scheduled a D1 AA opponent.

just so anyone knows michigan hasn't ever scheduled a D1 AA opponent.
and they wont ever again

app got paid what, 400K to do that? Just a guess.

Whats the over/under on App shirts on campus Tuesday? dead serious.

[QUOTE=ninerID;256256]app got paid what, 400K to do that? Just a guess.

Whats the over/under on App shirts on campus Tuesday? dead serious.[/QUOTE]

22k / 0

Who would of ever thought that App St. would win this game? I wonder how Michigan fans are feeling right now. I bet it could be similar to us getting killled at Davidson but I donā€™t know

http://www.appcountry.com/forum/

us getting beat by davidson is not even close to the same thing as app beating michigan. 110,000 fans packed in for the opening game against what they think is a cupcake. a 1aa team.

Ap is happy in I-AA. Also, you need to average 15,000 fans to remain in the subdivision. Kid Brewer Stadium seats only 15,000.

Yet another reason major teams need to quit scheduling cupcakes. If Michigan lost to a solid nonconference team, they drop to #10. But now they drop out of the polls and become joke #1 of the 2007 season.

You want to play in big games (like Michigan wanted to at the end of last season), you have to play big teams.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That is all.

Ap is happy in I-AA. Also, you need to average 15,000 fans to remain in the subdivision. Kid Brewer Stadium seats only 15,000.

good point and I hope you are right, but i have heard that there is a large group of alumni that wants to move up, beating the #5 team in the country only adds to that if they are in CUSA right now, next week they are ranked in the top 25. I mean I donā€™t know if App would trade domination of D1aa for CUSA. Also, their coach has to be gone after this year, no way he can turn down the money that is going to be shown to him after this season.

NBC referred to this as ā€œthe upset of the universeā€.

Big 10, the most overrated conference out there

Big 10, the most overrated conference out there

If last yearā€™s NC game didnā€™t prove itā€¦ this SURE AS HELL DID!

[QUOTE=eddiebasden13;256262]Yet another reason major teams need to quit scheduling cupcakes. If Michigan lost to a solid nonconference team, they drop to #10. But now they drop out of the polls and become joke #1 of the 2007 season.

You want to play in big games (like Michigan wanted to at the end of last season), you have to play big teams.[/QUOTE]
This game was just scheduled last spring becuase neither team could find an opponent for September 1. As you might recall, the NCAA allowed schools to add a 12th game in 2005. Football schedules are made out as much as 10 years in advance and that is an issue Charlotte will have to deal with in getting games too.

For example, Wakeā€™s Forest future opponents that are confirmed:
2008: at Baylor, Mississippi, Navy, Vanderbilt
2009: Baylor, Elon, at Navy, Stanford
2010: Navy, at Stanford, Tulane, at Vanderbilt
2011: Air Force, at Syracuse, Vanderbilt

[QUOTE=ninerID;256245]

Congratulations Jim Woodward on your lack of concern for the future of Charlotte athletics.

If we are serious about football, lets get going, if we arenā€™t please let me know so I can spend my time and money on my family more so than wasting it caring about this University.

[/QUOTE]

it all boils down to who makes decisions for us Niners. Our most powerful administrators and alum donors past and present are NOT CHARLOTTE ALUM, hence we are painted in the corner we are today. Until 49er alum have power in these two areas, we will suffer (or we make enough noise they feel threatened, which is what I believe is beginning to happen)

how about Appā€™s kicker? That kid was thrust into the craziest situation of his life and he nails that FG to go up with 30 secs left. Brass balls.