App postgame

I also heard y’all had 70% of the tickets to our game from app fans.

Excuse us if we don’t buy this.

1 Like

Please lock this thread.

I do have to say… one of the apps that took advantage of the birthday deal gave me the lunchbox… and it’s pretty sweet lol.

That was not me saying 70%. And I never heard anything higher than 60%, and even that I did not think was correct. That was App fans looking through Black and Gold glasses. We did sell out our sections and then we purchased more through UNCC ticket office and we certainly purchased 75% of the temp seats and maybe a bit higher than that. Not a bad effort on our fans to get into the stadium but no question you had a majority of fans at the start of the game.

I thought 30-40% up until the 4th quarter and at that point I think App had a majority of fans left in the stadium but even then I don’t think it was 70-30 App fans in the stadium but closer to 50-50 or maybe, just maybe, 60-40 App fans in the majority.

I plan to give mine away to a student of mine that might have an interest in UNCC. I don’t mind helping a sister UNC system school find the right student match.

Try US-421, from certain parts of the Charlotte metro area taking I-77 and US-421 is faster than US-321 and I assume US-74 over the US-321.

Though construction on US-321 is nearly done from what I have heard from my daughter so that route may be a better route next fall.

When I was younger I always liked the two lane version of US-321 with the tight curves and such though now at my age I prefer the ease of US-421. Now that both are 4 lane I guess it is back to which view you prefer and both other nice views climbing the mountain.

Without looking at Google maps I would take NC-16 out of Charlotte and then hit US-321 outside of Newton or maybe take Business-321 just to see part of Hickory and such. But that is just me growing tired of interstates and 4 lane controlled access roads.

Have a great rest of the season, which I am not sure if that means win out or lose out given most fans feeling about your coach. Whatever you want is what I will root for, though having you win out does make App look a bit better.

No, that was App fans lying not looking through yellow and black glasses. Btw, you are wrong also as App probably had 25% tops.

1 Like

Boone wonders if you are a 90 year old grandma, or perhaps a Floridian posing as a North Carolinian.

321 is 4 lanes from I85 all the way to campus.

Yep. About 78 miles or an hour and a half drive. Piece o’ cake.

Are you referring to a 90 year old as driving slow or to the fact a 90 year old grandma has a lot of “dry days.”

@ghostofboone and @McLeansvilleAppFan, is it that you really like us, or does Gardner-Webb just not have a message board for you to hang out on?

Boone is disgusted.

Here is my ciphering on this.

75% of the temp seats so .75 *2500 is 1875

The App away section was 1,500 or 2,500. I was thinking 2,500 but maybe it was 1,500. I’ll go with 1,500 on the conservative side.

App had a thin yet consistent number in the crowd in the lower bowl that was not in the end zone. 500 for all of this combined not counting the away section.

My end zone section had to be 90% App. Maybe the other sections were less App but lets say we had 3 of 5 sections like this would be about 1,500. I was in the zone so having an end zone photo would be useful.

With attendance at 19,151 minus 15,314 for perm seats minus temp seat of 2,500 then 1337 was standing room only. If App grabbed 75% of this like it seemed we did of the temp seats we are looking at 1000 here.

Add it all up 1,875+1,500+500+1,500+1000=6375 and with announced attendance at 19151 that would be 6375/19151 = 33%.

Even if I over estimate a bit on my end I would have to have over estimate by 1,587 to be at 25% max. I don’t think I over estimated that much to put my numbers in line with your suggestion of 25% max, maybe 25% min but not 25% max.

Of course this was looking at the stadium after the game had started and about as many of the temp seats that were going to be used were used.

If we are talking the start of the 4th quarter after many fans left the stadium the attendance numbers were much lower and we have to agree the vast majority of those leaving were 49er fans.

Short of a high-res aerial photo that would allow us to count each seat and determine fan following based on shirt color we are going to disagree. 49er fans are going to low ball it and App fans will get carried away, some stupidly high. I mentioned that happening well before the game occurred. However I stand by my numbers within 500 either way.

On a side note and true story. My wife and I took an anniversary trip to Philadelphia over the summer. We took in a Phillies game. I scanned the crowd and guessed 35,700 just doing a back of the envelope calculation of knowing the stadium size and looking at the crowd in each section and adding it up. I told my wife my guess. I was within 100 of what was announced. That is within about 0.3%. I don’t claim to be that close for this game, but I do have an ability to do a decent job if I have some numbers to play with such as stadium capacity and such.

Hopefully the demand for tickets in Boone will be just as big. I love the excitement of a full stadium and what could develop into a nice rivalry. That is good for both schools and fun for the fans. I’ll be curious if App puts a premium on the price as Charlotte did. I assume we will given the demand App had.

my lord lock this thread please

Why are you still here? You did what everyone said you would do. See you next year.

Off work due to storm and this is still post game for App fans since USM did not make it to Boone.

Speaking of the storm I hope UNCC came out well enough. That campus is a bit more hilly than I thought it would be and I could see some of the creeks being over capacity with the rainfall draining to the creeks.

Thanks someone!

Yes I asked for this previously.