Attention manly men: beer sale at Harris Teeter

how about...

For you men that wanna drink but are more concerned about health and not wanting to get fat, Coors Light is also the same price.

Just sayin, I drink light beers cuz I don’t want the extra calorie intake. That’s why I try to stick to vodka. But I won’t go as far as drinkin say Mich Ultra.

You only save 40 calories per 12 oz can, but you lose a ton of the flavor.

142 vs. 102.

Go for a run the next day to make up the difference.

Coors Regular is already a light beer, IMO.

there aint nothin wrong with mich ultra… :wink:

You only save 40 calories per 12 oz can, but you lose a ton of the flavor.

142 vs. 102.

I agree, light beer as being health conscious is just ridiculous.

I only drink light beer if I plan on drinking a lot of beer (12 bottles plus).

If I am only going to have a beer or two, you best believe I am drinking something with a lot of taste and I could care less about the calories.

Care about calories, go for a job once in a while.

[B]You only save 40 calories per 12 oz can[/B], but you lose a ton of the flavor.

142 vs. 102.

But like Charlotte said, if you drink 5+ beers… the 40 calories start adding up.

Say a person drinks on average 2 beers a day, drinking light would save 80 calories/day … 2,400 calories/month … 29,200 calories/year.

Anyways, just drink vodka

I agree, light beer as being health conscious is just ridiculous.

I would argue that eating/drinking something “Light” is not rediculous when it comes to thinking about health.

Light sour cream
Light Dressings
Skim or 1% Milk
Diet drinks
No Salt added chips
… there’s usually always a less unhealthy substitute. Do “Light” products typically taste better than “non-Light”?? NO!! but people eat/drink “Light” because of being health conscious.

If anything, MORE Americans should choose a “Light” substitute when available.

If you are at a restaurant, do you order a fried chicken sandwich or a grilled chicken sandwich?? I may prefer the fried because of the “taste” but I order the grilled because of the health factors.

I drink Gin.

Whatever. Caloric intake be damned. If you drink light beer, you’re girly. Try working out.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;427179]Have to admit, I saw manly men and beer in the thread title and I did not expect talk of Coors and Bud… Those standards are too low for me.[/QUOTE]

Good point, and ceteris paribus, I would drink nothing but Stella, Guinness, New Castle, etc. But dang, for 49 cents each? I’ll do Coors or Bud.

If I must say one thing about Georgia… they make some damn fine beer.

[QUOTE=J Felt;427183]Notify me when this goes on sale:

[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself notified. 24 pks of Yuengling, currently $11.77 at Harris Teeter. That’s FORTY NINE cents per beer. Same deal as the Coors and Bud last week.

YES!

I bought a 24 pack today, and it’s already gone. That’s how manly I am.

Girly men, I don’t know about Yuengling light. I didn’t check on that one.

PERFECT! I’ll go get some tomorrow.

Great deal. Thanks, I’m gonna pass that on (and get drunk this weekend).

[QUOTE=J Felt;429019]PERFECT! I’ll go get some tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Bastards! It is not old here in Texas!!

Dammit. Went to buy another 18 pack of Coors Regular tonight and that deal was gone. Saw that they have 24 packs at 11.77, but no Coors Regular 24 packs :(. Had to settle for Bud.

[QUOTE=49or bust;429022]Dammit. Went to buy another 18 pack of Coors Regular tonight and that deal was gone. Saw that they have 24 packs at 11.77, but no Coors Regular 24 packs :(. Had to settle for Bud.[/QUOTE]

YUENGLING.

[QUOTE=shagg49er;429021]Bastards! It is not old here in Texas!![/QUOTE]

I thought every thing was old in Texas?

Or is that big?

[QUOTE=Sideshow;429018]Consider yourself notified. 24 pks of Yuengling, currently $11.77 at Harris Teeter. That’s FORTY NINE cents per beer. Same deal as the Coors and Bud last week.

YES!

Girly men, I don’t know about Yuengling light. I didn’t check on that one.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Nice!

[QUOTE=Sideshow;429018]Consider yourself notified. 24 pks of Yuengling, currently $11.77 at Harris Teeter. That’s FORTY NINE cents per beer. Same deal as the Coors and Bud last week.

YES!

Girly men, I don’t know about Yuengling light. I didn’t check on that one.[/QUOTE]

I actually got light. Sorry bout that. It was still good going down.

Another beer sale at HT: currently domestic beers are $13.77 for a 24-pk. Not as good a deal as last month, but still pretty cheap. Stock up for the holiday parties!

I wish they had a sale on Absolut…$21.95 a bottle sucks. That and some Sprite Zero with a twist of lime rocks! (I switched to the hard stuff when the wife had triplets).

[QUOTE=max;439332]I wish they had a sale on Absolut…$21.95 a bottle sucks. That and some Sprite Zero with a twist of lime rocks! (I switched to the hard stuff when [B]the Niners only won 11 games[/B]).[/QUOTE]

Fixed :lol: You know this is the real reason