Attention manly men: beer sale at Harris Teeter

[QUOTE=max;439332]I wish they had a sale on Absolut…$21.95 a bottle sucks. That and some Sprite Zero with a twist of lime rocks! (I switched to the hard stuff when the wife had triplets).[/QUOTE]

No offense, but any alcoholic drink that involves diet sprite and a lime is very un-manly.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;439338]No offense, but any alcoholic drink that involves diet sprite and a lime is very un-manly.[/QUOTE]

So a lime in a tanguaray and tonic is unmanly?

Dude, try it sometime. A shot and a half of 80 proof with 12 oz. of Sprite will kick your arse. Beer doesn’t hold a whimpy candle to the the hard stuff…ask your Doctor. I challenge anyone on this board to drink about 6 or 7 with me one night (I’ll buy) and we’ll see how “unmanly” it is.-lol

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;439340]So a lime in a tanguaray and tonic is unmanly?[/QUOTE]

That’s not so much unmanly, because it doesn’t involve diet sprite and because gagsta rappers rap about drinking it.

I drink gin and tonics all the time. Vodka as a drink is just unmanly. That’s why women drink vodka "martinis.’

[QUOTE=max;439332]I wish they had a sale on Absolut…$21.95 a bottle sucks. That and some Sprite Zero with a twist of lime rocks! (I switched to the hard stuff when the wife had triplets).[/QUOTE]

A few flavored fifth’s of Absolut are going on sale beginning 12/1, down to $18.95. The regular Absolut fifth is not, however the half gallon will be down to $36.95 from $41.95.

I found that info. here, [URL]http://www.ncabc.com/pricing/monthly_reductions.aspx[/URL] if you ever want to check out upcoming sale items.

If you want a sale on Absolut, go to Southern Spirits or Frugal McDougle. I don’t know what they sell it for because they only list a few liquor prices on their page, but Firefly costs about 5 dollars less there than it does at the ABC store.

[QUOTE=AVLNiner;439344]A few flavored fifth’s of Absolut are going on sale beginning 12/1, down to $18.95. The regular Absolut fifth is not, however the half gallon will be down to $36.95 from $41.95.

I found that info. here, [URL]http://www.ncabc.com/pricing/monthly_reductions.aspx[/URL] if you ever want to check out upcoming sale items.[/QUOTE]
Ahh…the ABC website is a wonderous thing when trying to budget alcohol.

Real Men drink Duvel…

Leffe>Duvel

SCORE!!! Thanks for the tip on Absolut pricing.

And to those of you young neophites that don’t know the power of Absolut, calling it a “women’s drink”…my challenge still stands from above. Or are you a bunch of watered-down-beer drinking “girlie men”?

Coors? Ha ha ha ha

[QUOTE=max;439360]SCORE!!! Thanks for the tip on Absolut pricing.

And to those of you young neophites that don’t know the power of Absolut, calling it a “women’s drink”…my challenge still stands from above. Or are you a bunch of watered-down-beer drinking “girlie men”?

Coors? Ha ha ha ha[/QUOTE]

I used to drink liquor, now I mainly drink beer and some shots of Jameson.

Every now and then I will drink T&Ts, or some redbull and vodkas, depending on the environment.

Vodka can mess you up no doubt, but it is the EASIEST liquor to drink over 50 proof.

Absolut is not a woman’s drink. Absolute with diet sprite and a twist of lime? Yeah, girly. There’s really no defending that one.

Nothing wrong with “ease” for sure. I’d have to drink at least 10-12 beers just to get fired up. Plus beer tends to bloat you up and make you sleepy. Not good when you have a three and a half year old boy and triplet one and half year old girls.

I’ll take my gay vodka and Sprite Zero (“Ground Zeros”) and enjoy being comfortably numb.

I’ve seen you drink, I know you can do it. I’m just sayin, I’ll pound a fifth of Jack or Beefeater with ya, don’t generally do vodka anymore.

I used to drink burnette’s vanilla straight from the bottle. In college I drank the stuff like water.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;439367]Absolut is not a woman’s drink. Absolute with diet sprite and a twist of lime? Yeah, girly. There’s really no defending that one.[/QUOTE]
I’m with Sideshow on this one. Drink what ya want…that’s your choice. However, there’s no defending the fact that it’s a pansy drink.

If you ask me…“for every King, a Crown.”

Crown Royal = my weapon of choice in terms of liquor. Ask anyone on the board who has drank with me in the past…I’ll put that stuff away like it’s tapwater. That being said though, I’m still usually more of a beer drinker.

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;439376]I’m with Sideshow on this one. Drink what ya want…that’s your choice. However, there’s no defending the fact that it’s a pansy drink.

If you ask me…“for every King, a Crown.”

Crown Royal = my weapon of choice in terms of liquor. Ask anyone on the board who has drank with me in the past…I’ll put that stuff away like it’s tapwater. That being said though, I’m still usually more of a beer drinker.[/QUOTE]

Why is Crown so popular in North Carolina?

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;439378]Why is Crown so popular in North Carolina?[/QUOTE]

Is it more popular than Jack Daniels though?

Guys, I feel my manhood challenged here. All I know is lot’s of beer=man boobs and it don’t get any more girlie than that. And there is a Facebook page dedicated to that drink, btw. Uh, but all the friends listed there were women…think i lost that argument.

Hey 'bait, good to hear from you. I know your tolerance is high as well. We’ll have to meet at Picassos and settle this challenge once and for all with some of these young Punks (just kidding). Taxi service required, of course.

BTW…Beefeaters sounds manly, but couldn’t Beefeater=Tube steak eater? Just saying…lol.

[QUOTE=pcon;439380]Is it more popular than Jack Daniels though?[/QUOTE]

It just seemed that so many people drank it when I was in Charlotte and no one even likes it up north. One of my friends that came up to visit ordered it at a few bars and they didn’t even carry it.