Attn: Jim Utter Re: Chicken Little

Can we get a pro-football piece tomorrow with all the calamity going around? I would write a nice long op-ed, but Mike P would cut it to 150 words like last time I wrote in, even though ā€œunsignedā€ editorials seems to make it in at full length.

I feel like Chicken Little hereā€¦ like the sky is falling all around me. We have former UNC system presidents opposed to football, basketball is suffering, I justā€¦ I donā€™t know. What is going on right now is a disaster, and I feel like we donā€™t have enough press for us in the Big O to combat the negative press. You are our only voice in the Observer Jim.

Help me Obi-Wan, youā€™re our only hope!

Can we get a pro-football piece tomorrow with all the calamity going around? I would write a nice long op-ed, but Mike P would cut it to 150 words like last time I wrote in, even though "unsigned" editorials seems to make it in at full length.

I feel like Chicken Little hereā€¦ like the sky is falling all around me. We have former UNC system presidents opposed to football, basketball is suffering, I justā€¦ I donā€™t know. What is going on right now is a disaster, and I feel like we donā€™t have enough press for us in the Big O to combat the negative press. You are our only voice in the Observer Jim.

Help me Obi-Wan, youā€™re our only hope!

I donā€™t think Utter can cover 49er football anymore since he displayed his pro football bias on his blog.

Then Mike P needs to allow me to write a FULL editorial without chopping it down.

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;298112]Then Mike P needs to allow me to write a FULL editorial without chopping it down.[/QUOTE] Iā€™m beginning to wonder if this is now a little out of Mikeā€™s control. It seems like it. Weā€™re having to read untrue and exaggerated articles bashing football but we are seeing very little supporting our cause. The fact Frydoe and Spandex showed up yesterday says a lot.

Do they consider us that much of a threat? And why does the Observer suddenly seem to be against us getting football?

I wrote to Tom Sorensen b/c he wrote a great article back in July and I sent him an email back then and he seemed very PRO football for Charlotte. I asked him if he plans to write anything here in the near future. I will post if he responds.

I wrote to Tom Sorensen b/c he wrote a great article back in July and I sent him an email back then and he seemed very PRO football for Charlotte. I asked him if he plans to write anything here in the near future. I will post if he responds.
he thinks we should be in the SoCon......sigh

[QUOTE=metro;298125]he thinks we should be in the SoConā€¦sigh[/QUOTE]

Letā€™s not get silly, he proposed that having football and being in the SoCon would be better than our current situation. I completely agree, but that is not our ultimate goal and Tom would rather have us in the Big East than the SoCon

Let's not get silly, he proposed that having football and being in the SoCon would be better than our current situation. I completely agree, but that is not our ultimate goal and Tom would rather have us in the Big East than the SoCon
thats not how I remember the piece. I'll have to dig it up and reread it.

After all, membership in the the SoCon would keep us ā€œin our placeā€ā€¦ otherwise, everyone should drive to the Triangle to watch college football. Thatā€™s why we have moo-u and unc-chapel hill. <YES, PLEASE EXCUSE SARCASM>

C.D.