Autistic Ballplayer

Saw this story in the Lutz Live section, felt it merited its own spot.

I hope all of our players see this and think about how blessed they are. What this kid did IMO is as great as Wilt’s 100 point night. It is absolutely incredible. 20 points in 4 minutes in his first and only high school game ever.

[URL=http://www.wfmynews2.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=58418]http://www.wfmynews2.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=58418[/URL]

Press the play on the video to the right.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;158355]Saw this story in the Lutz Live section, felt it merited its own spot.

I hope all of our players see this and think about how blessed they are. What this kid did IMO is as great as Wilt’s 100 point night. It is absolutely incredible. 20 points in 4 minutes in his first and only high school game ever.

[URL=http://www.wfmynews2.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=58418]http://www.wfmynews2.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=58418[/URL]

Press the play on the video to the right.[/QUOTE]

The kid has already had over 25 offers for the movie rights…

The kid has already had over 25 offers for the movie rights...

And ESPN and Cold Pizza have showed it what seems like a 100 times. Good to see something like that though.

They sold the rights to someone in hollywood. It was on the news last night. It is pretty inspiring.

he was “hott as a pistol”

GREAT story! But the defense looked suspect.

I think they stood around and watched the last couple.

Still, that’s amazing. I saw it the first night they aired it and got a little choked up when the kid’s coach was tearing up.

That’s what sports are supposed to be.

Thanks for the link! There’s a few people I’d like to show that to. Great story.

definately good shots…definately.

Great, another crappy disney underdog overcoming all obsticles hollywood trash film. Good story, but it is going to make a bad film. Bet it will have a montage, and bullies pushing him around, perhaps a death in the family, and of course, a slow clap.

I know I hope they dont fudge up the film

[QUOTE=GtfoMyPorch;158424]Great, another crappy disney underdog overcoming all obsticles hollywood trash film. Good story, but it is going to make a bad film. Bet it will have a montage, and bullies pushing him around, perhaps a death in the family, and of course, a slow clap.[/QUOTE]

lol VERY well said. i couldnt agree more.

If he’s this good, why didn’t the coach play him before the last game? Why not all year?
Could it be the coach is anti-handicap?

I don’t think the coach knew. The kid was the team manager, not a player

True, I dont think the coach ever gave him a chance. I dont wanna sound wrong or bad or anything, but I dont think the coach thought an autistic student could play. I was speaking with a professor and the way he explained it to me, after years of watching and such the kid figured out how to make the ball go in the hoop. “not exactly shoot”, but more like figure out the science behind it or something. After his first two shots he finalized his game, and couldnt be stopped. He could of been shooting like that all night. He was in the zone.

Thats the idea I got from him. I got a friend who’s brothers autistic and says he can shoot well too but he cant dribble.

[QUOTE=49er1;158380]But the defense looked suspect.[/QUOTE]

wow, tough crowd. does it really matter??
he came in and hit 6 threes in like 5 min! Thats hard to do with nobody gaurding you in the drivedway. jeeez, cut the kid some slack.

[QUOTE=metro;158649]wow, tough crowd. does it really matter??
he came in and hit 6 threes in like 5 min! Thats hard to do with nobody gaurding you in the drivedway. jeeez, cut the kid some slack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Metro. My thoughts exactaly. Amazing story. We have dumbasses come out at halftime to shoot 3’s and not even hit the rim. Kudos for the other team cutting him a little slack (if they did) to make this moment for this kid.

Has this board and America become that cycnical?

Thanks Metro. My thoughts exactaly. Amazing story. We have dumbasses come out at halftime to shoot 3's and not even hit the rim.

We have dumbasses that cant even hit layups or free throws to make it to get to shoot a three.