Avery Patterson 2006

6’4" guard from an Iowa junior college.Played high school ball at Kannapolis A.L. Brown.I saw the kid play a lot in high school and he could score in bunches.Excellent 3 point shooter.The Salisbury Post today listed Charlotte as one of many schools that are interested in Patterson.

For 2006?

Is it this guy?

Averaged 19 points a game this past season. Looks like he’s been hearing from Charlotte, St. Bonaventure, Arizona State, USC, San Francisco, Creighton, Utah State, Appalachian State and Drake. (google)

He’s a soph. at Iowa Western Community College.So yes he will be a 2006 signee.#18 Iowa Western(29-6) upset #2 NW Mississippi(29-3) last night 84-76 to reach the quarterfinals of the Nationa Junior College tournament.Patterson had 18 points for the Receivers.They face Arizona Western(28-5) on thursday night in the quartefinals in Hutchinson,Kansas.

Would love to see another A.L. Brown Wonder suit up for the Niners.

son of a …

He was a pretty decent high school player but nothing special. His game is similar to Marlon Thomas. I haven’t seen him in awhile but I know his stock has been rising so he may have improved somewhat.

[QUOTE=K-Town-Niner;163430]

Would love to see another A.L. Brown Wonder suit up for the Niners.[/QUOTE]

Last one was Dwiggins, right?

no offense to this guy but if we get another juco for this season i am done. Seriously when do we stop filling holes.

[QUOTE=ninerID;163460]no offense to this guy but if we get another juco for this season i am done. Seriously when do we stop filling holes.[/QUOTE]
When pretty much every high school big man worth looking at is either signed or has 20 teams scrambling to sign them at the last minute.

We need somebody who can come in and play in the post for us next year. Of course take a high school player if they can contribute next year, but give me a Nance, Coleman or Williams over Tyler Best considering we need an immediate impact player.

When pretty much every high school big man worth looking at is either signed or has 20 teams scrambling to sign them at the last minute.

We need somebody who can come in and play in the post for us next year. Of course take a high school player if they can contribute next year, but give me a Nance, Coleman or Williams over Tyler Best considering we need an immediate impact player.

he is a 6’4" Guard, do you want this guy in the post? do you serously think we need impact at the 2 or 3?

[QUOTE=ninerID;163497]he is a 6’4" Guard, do you want this guy in the post? do you serously think we need impact at the 2 or 3?[/QUOTE]
Wow, ok. Then I take it back. With all of the big men we are looking at I got a little confused. You’re right, a JUCO guard seems to have no purpose for us at this point. Sorry.

If Jerrell Lewis transfers out…and reading the Observer today it seems plausible.Then maybe we are looking for another guard.I agree we need a big man,but if we get that extra scholarship who knows.

Patterson has just exploded this year.He is getting major attention from big time programs.He has official visits set up in early April for St. John’s and Miami.

Here’s a pic of our guy:

Avery returns to Reivers after an impressive freshman campaign. Patterson averaged 9.4 per game. Avery posted a timely career best 26 points, shooting 7 for 11 from the three at the NJCAA National Tournament. He had a stand-out career for Coach Klutz at Brown High School. Patterson averaged 28 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 6 steals a game. He was a two time player of the year along with twice being named all-conference and all-state. Avery is the son of Avery Patterson and Sharon Mason.
Link: [b][url=http://athletics.iwcc.edu/mbasketball/roster.asp]IWCC Men's Basketball Roster[/url][/b]

we dont need another guard

Signed with St. John’s.

Interesting.