Bank of America Stadium Upgrades

Slideshow:

Video:

Did they rename the team the Charlotte Panthers yet or give a discount to City residents?

clt says it really grinds his gears when the talking heads say “let’s go down to Carolina for an update on Steve smith”

There ain’t no “Carolina”.

Was at the stadium yesterday and on the 500 level concourse. As you all may know, they have a huge display of football helmets of all NC and SC HS teams on the wall up there. They also have one above it of NC & SC colleges and universities…except ours.

Not to worry, I contacted some folks in our AD today and informed them, so hopefully and probably there will be a NINER helmet on the display beginning next season. Check it out next year if you’re on the 500 level at the helmet display. Here’s a link.

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/carolinas-connection.html

[quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:28519”]Was at the stadium yesterday and on the 500 level concourse. As you all may know, they have a huge display of football helmets of all NC and SC HS teams on the wall up there. They also have one above it of NC & SC colleges and universities…except ours.

Not to worry, I contacted some folks in our AD today and informed them, so hopefully and probably there will be a NINER helmet on the display beginning next season. Check it out next year if you’re on the 500 level at the helmet display. Here’s a link.

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/carolinas-connection.html[/quote]

The fact the JR is so intertwined with the program this is more an oversight I’m sure.

[quote=“s9er, post:5, topic:28519”][quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:28519”]Was at the stadium yesterday and on the 500 level concourse. As you all may know, they have a huge display of football helmets of all NC and SC HS teams on the wall up there. They also have one above it of NC & SC colleges and universities…except ours.

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/carolinas-connection.html[/quote]

The fact the JR is so intertwined with the program this is more an oversight I’m sure.[/quote]
This. Those helmets have probably not been touched since they were originally put up. I bet most of the newer high school helmets are not up there either.

The helmets are all really old. Our offices were right under that section so I saw them a fair amount. None of them were shiny new.

I sincerely hope at least ONE will be next year!

Latest updates:

clt says it really grinds his gears when the talking heads say “let’s go down to Carolina for an update on Steve smith”

There ain’t no “Carolina”.[/quote]
People love the Panthers from Kitty Hawk to Aiken Sc becuase the name Carolina. It a smart brand.

There ain’t no “Carolina”.[/quote]
People love the Panthers from Kitty Hawk to Aiken Sc becuase the name Carolina. It a smart brand.[/quote]

So if they were the Charlotte Panthers these same folks would be Washington Redskins or Atlanta Falcons fans?

If the word Carolina was so important to the ownership and it’s such a smart brand they shouldn’t have to be mooching off the Mecklenburg County aka Charlotte tax payers to pay for these upgrades.

And for what a 6 year more commitment to the city? Even though most of the geographically-challenged citizens of the US have no idea the Panthers play in Charlotte, which would be the main benefit a city would tout as an excuse to subsidize these types of projects.