Basden is in the game!

7:40 left in the 3rd quarter.

Go Eddie!

:biggrin: :thumbsup: :clap: :toast: :bball:

Eddie finished out the third quarter and played fairly well. He had a nice steal, played good defense, missed his only shot. The shot was a lay-up that was contested; he had to alter his shot.

More importantly, the Bulls were down 8 when he came in and they are now down 1 (Gordon hit 3 threes in the last 90 seconds). It will be interesting to see if they keep him in the game if it stays tight.

On the box score so far it says, 1-2 shooting, 2 def. rebounds, 1 steal, and 1 block

I see that too, Allie, on ESPN boxscore. But the gamecast doesn’t mention any shot scored by Eddie.

On the bulls message board someone said “nice drive by Basden”. Sucks that I can’t watch it though…

I can tell you he didn’t score. He also probably won’t get credit for the block, Mike Sweetney actually blocked it.

He has been on the bench the entire 4th quarter.

It’s hard for me to argue, I am not able to watch it :slight_smile:
At the very end of the second quarter it said he was 1 for 1 and on the message board someone watching the game commented on the nice drive by Basden.

[QUOTE=allie49er;138377]It’s hard for me to argue, I am not able to watch it :slight_smile:
At the very end of the second quarter it said he was 1 for 1 and on the message board someone watching the game commented on the nice drive by Basden.[/QUOTE]
According to NBA.com’s Gamecast thing…

“49-42 [CHI] Basden Layup: Made(2 PTS) Assist” Hinrich (5 AST) 00:28"

Looks like he got in late in the first half. They have him down for 2 points on 1 of 2 shooting, 2 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block. Not a bad stat line for 8 minutes, a little bit of everything.

My bad. I didn’t see that he got in the game in the first half. Yeah, Eddie.

Congrats Eddie!

http://www.nba.com/games/20051107/SASCHI/boxscore.html

here is the box score from NBA.com/bulls What is a BS? Balls saved? Also no fouls on eddie.

[QUOTE=ninerID;138398]http://www.nba.com/games/20051107/SASCHI/boxscore.html

here is the box score from NBA.com/bulls What is a BS? Balls saved? Also no fouls on eddie.[/QUOTE]

Blocked Shots

I know this is late in coming, but if you have digital cable/satelitte, the nba league pass is free for a week (through this week sometime?) and i wathced that game last night. eddie looked good, and yes the bulls did make their comeback w/ him in the game, so i don’t think you can say eddie is in no way a liability. hopefully, skiles will see that and allow his minutes to increase to the 15 min/game. and if i remember correctly, piatkowski hardly played, who is basden’s main “competitor” for playing time (and the bulls needed offense to catch up!).

I was watching on NBA League Pass as well. I think the free stuff is over tonight though and I am not paying to watch the NBA. I’ll have to wait to watch the Bulls on WGN!