Baseball Cards

I still have my hockey cards. Rookie cards galore. I’ve been collecting since I was probably 7. Never giving up those!

I used to collect when I was in high school. I honed in on players I liked and tried to collect as many of their cards as I could. Later, I grabbed up my former teammates’ cards wherever they were playing at the time and guys I had played against. The local shop I bought at figured out who I liked. They began pulling those cards and jacking the prices on them from $.05 to $.10 up to $1.00 or more. This made it hard for me to buy with little money, and turned me off from buying. Since that time, I bet I haven’t purchased 100 total cards (16 years ago).

i got a ton too…and i will never get rid of them…look how skinny Bonds is in his 1987 topps card…

My prized cards are ones from 1970s NHL.

Tim Horton, Gordie Howe, Ken Dryden, Bobby Orr…

Most aren’t in great condition, but some look fantastic and probably could catch a pretty penny, but I’ll never give them up.

[QUOTE=metro;294418]wow Tin…you’re sick :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Of those 280,000, I have no Tim Collie cards. I think a signed one would add $$$ to the collection.

Tintin

I had my Cornbread rookie card autographed at a game a few years ago. I carried in my wallet until it was stolen last month :frowning:

I’m really hoping I can get a ball signed by the great Tim Collie one day…

Of those 280,000, I have no Tim Collie cards. I think a signed one would add $$$ to the collection.

Tintin

my mom and dad gave all the extras away :smile:

I still have all of mine. I was a big fan of Dale Murphy so I have tons of Murphy cards, even a metal replica of his rookie card as a catcher. My dad only collected Mike Schmidt and Cal Ripken cards. Who knew he would end up with the most valuable ones over all the ones me and my brother have?

Metro what was life like in the minors? Was all the traveling rough?

Metro what was life like in the minors? Was all the traveling rough?
well if you liked being 22/23 yrs old staying up until 3 am every night, waking up at 11, and don't have to be at work until 3pm, it was good the pay and bus rides were the downside (pretty much if you've seen Bull Durham, its an accurate account)

[QUOTE=CPA_Niner;294525]I still have all of mine. I was a big fan of Dale Murphy so I have tons of Murphy cards, even a metal replica of his rookie card as a catcher. My dad only collected Mike Schmidt and Cal Ripken cards. Who knew he would end up with the most valuable ones over all the ones me and my brother have?

[/QUOTE]

George Brett was my guy back in the day. Quit collecting baseball cards in the late 80s, other than a few Brett’s here and there. Loaded up on the NFL in the mid 90’s and focused on Marino. Now only look at them when my son pulls them out.

I liked Brett and I have always been a Red Sox fan. I have a ton of Rodger Clemens and Wade Boggs cards. Also picked up a lot of Griffy Jr and Ricky Henderson back then…