Baseball on to A-10 Finals

Thought it deserved it’s own thread. Great win today!!

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/052308aae.html

For Duquesne, Xavier, or Rhode Island to win the conference championship, they’ll need to get through their games against each other today alive and then beat Charlotte twice.

For Charlotte to win the conference championship, they’ll need to win a game.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/atl10/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/08-basebl-champ-bracket.pdf

Luke needed to use the force today, and boy did he ever. In a postseason tournament with a lot of games in rapid succession, a complete game from a starting pitcher is HUGE. We now have Hagen, Hamilton, Pierce, and McLain all available for tomorrow (this is assuming that Rosenbaum isn’t playing).

The highlight for me, besides the obvious factor of winning, is the McLain has made 1 APPEARANCE and Pierce has made 1 APPEARANCE in this tourney.

In other words, a taxed bullpen during the last half of the season should be very fresh going into Saturday.

Don’t think you can ask for much more to go the Niners way.

Except for the ongoing wondering on Brad McElroy’s status. I asked a while back and several others asked recently. I never read an explanation on him, but since he didn’t play yesterday or today, I guess his season is done.

one more win and we can start thinking about the venue for their next game.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;321098]Except for the ongoing wondering on Brad McElroy’s status. I asked a while back and several others asked recently. I never read an explanation on him, but since he didn’t play yesterday or today, I guess his season is done.[/QUOTE]
If you could accept PM’s, I’d tell you.

If you could accept PM's, I'd tell you.

Come on TF, if you can’t “publicly” tell everyone why he isn’t playing, atleast tell us IF he will be back or not!!

[QUOTE=919R;321100]Come on TF, if you can’t “publicly” tell everyone why he isn’t playing, atleast tell us IF he will be back or not!![/QUOTE]
They are hopeful. Based on what we’d been told over the last two weeks, I was surprised to not see him playing this weekend, at least as a DH. When the team is out of town I’m not really in the loop, but I’ll find out what I can.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;321099]If you could accept PM’s, I’d tell you.[/QUOTE]

I THINK I fixed the PM thing.

Thanks.