Baseball stays alive; Bray is the all-time Niner hit king

There has been positive and negative things posted about my son and I realize everyone has their own opinion but I am disapointed with the Boā€™s jock comment. My son had nothing to do with the schedule. He busted his ass for 4 years at Charlotte and gave it everything he had. He respects all the players who have been there because he knows what they have gone through and done for the program. Iā€™m surprised a former player would rather kick him in the pants than pat him on the back.
Keith Bray

There has been positive and negative things posted about my son and I realize everyone has their own opinion but I am disapointed with the Bo's jock comment. My son had nothing to do with the schedule. He busted his ass for 4 years at Charlotte and gave it everything he had. He respects all the players who have been there because he knows what they have gone through and done for the program. I'm surprised a former player would rather kick him in the pants than pat him on the back. Keith Bray
you really should delete this that said- sorry it offended you, it was a figure of speech. Bo Robinson is the greatest hitter I ever saw in college or pro ball. In other words NO HITTER could hold his jock, so it was not singling anyone out. And I repeatedly said how good of a kid you have. Message boards discuss sports opinions- it can be tough for family to log in.

the fact your kid is in the same sentence or discussion with Bo is an honor IMO.
I canā€™t hold Miane, Haney, Johnson, Harvey, Whiteside, or Stanfordā€™s jock- they all made it to the show.

There has been positive [B]and negative[/B] things posted about my son and I realize everyone has their own opinion but I am disapointed with the Bo's jock comment. My son had nothing to do with the schedule. He busted his ass for 4 years at Charlotte and gave it everything he had. He respects all the players who have been there because he knows what they have gone through and done for the program. I'm surprised a former player would [B]rather kick him in the pants[/B] than pat him on the back. Keith Bray

Serious question hereā€¦ when did anyone say anything negative about him or ā€œkick him in the pantsā€?

Please donā€™t drag the ending topic out.

Serious question here.. when did anyone say anything negative about him or "kick him in the pants"?

ā€œKick in the pantsā€ was never said, heā€™s using it as a figure of speech. The ā€œcouldnā€™t hold his jockā€ was by Metro. I didnā€™t think it was too bad just lacking what Metro added later, but if he said it about my kid, Iā€™d likely have a different view point also.

"Kick in the pants" was never said, he's using it as a figure of speech..

I know. Thatā€™s why I put it in quotes. I was asking where anyone metaphorically ā€œkicked him in the pants.ā€ The ā€œcanā€™t hold Boā€™s jockā€ comment by metro may not have been tactful or terribly polite, but it still has some truth to it, Bo was an unreal talent. That and metro has always had nothing but praise for Bray on here before. Oh well, I hate to contribute to the threadjack, so Iā€™ll let it be.

I have been watching Niner baseball since '96 (my freshman year). I canā€™t speak of the players that played before then, but I still say this with complete confidence - BO ROBINSON IS THE GREATEST HITTER IN NINER HISTORY! Peroid, hands down! He was incredible and Matan was right there with him. They did it against Tulane, Houston, Southern Miss, S. Florida. What Metro said was not off-base or offensive at all. Bo was an amazing player. Donā€™t forget this - Bo was 2nd team All-American against CUSA competition. So was Matan.

That being said, Bray had a good career for the Niners. Congrats to him for becoming the all-time hits leader!

I have been watching Niner baseball since '96 (my freshman year). I can't speak of the players that played before then, but I still say this with complete confidence - BO ROBINSON IS THE GREATEST HITTER IN NINER HISTORY! Peroid, hands down! He was incredible and Matan was right there with him. They did it against Tulane, Houston, Southern Miss, S. Florida. What Metro said was not off-base or offensive at all. Bo was an amazing player. Don't forget this -[B] Bo was 2nd team All-American against CUSA competition. So was Matan.[/B]

That being said, Bray had a good career for the Niners. Congrats to him for becoming the all-time hits leader!

Bo Rob was actually 1st team AA. Thats numero uno out of 320+ D1 third baseman.

I know. That's why I put it in quotes. I was asking where anyone metaphorically "kicked him in the pants." The "can't hold Bo's jock" comment by metro may not have been tactful or terribly polite, but it still has some truth to it, Bo was an unreal talent. That and metro has always had nothing but praise for Bray on here before. Oh well, I hate to contribute to the threadjack, so I'll let it be.
yep, I bet I have put Bray on a pedestal a dozen times before this thread ever was started. I have talked about his leaping catch at the USC regional god knows how many times.

Not knocking TF here, but the topic was called ā€œhit kingā€ and that sort of tweaked me.

[QUOTE=metro;409793]Bo Rob was actually 1st team AA. Thats numero uno out of 320+ D1 third baseman.[/QUOTE]

Hereā€™s the '98 Louisville Slugger Team - http://www.baseballnews.com/allamericans/archives/1998/allamericans1998.htm

Anyway, who cares 1st or 2nd team? Someone make a 4901 thread about the 1998 Niner baseball team.

Here's the '98 Louisville Slugger Team - [URL]http://www.baseballnews.com/allamericans/archives/1998/allamericans1998.htm[/URL]

Anyway, who cares 1st or 2nd team? Someone make a 4901 thread about the 1998 Niner baseball team team.

The 3rd baseman for the 1st team WAS a Ninerā€¦

[QUOTE=eason49;409798]The 3rd baseman for the 1st team WAS a Ninerā€¦[/QUOTE]

The 3rd baseman for the 2nd team hit .424 with 100 RBI. And the other Niner on the 2nd team had 27 bombs!

look about 5 lines down, the coaches AA team is the ABCA is the coaches- [B]1st team[/B]. Then page down to the AA section Come on fellas, you arenā€™t stumpin ol metro on Niner baseball AAs.:tongue:

[URL]http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ncch/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/09MG33to37.pdf[/URL]