Baseball stays alive; Bray is the all-time Niner hit king

Aaron Bray passed Bo Robinson tonight with four hits in a 13-10 win over Fordham to stay alive in the A-10 Tournament. The team plays again tomorrow night at 7:00 against either UMass, Rhode Island, or Xavier.

Before Metro says anything… :tongue:… I know Bray’s feat might be against inferior competition compared to what Robinson played against, but Bray has missed about the equivalent of half a season due to injuries in his four years.

Aaron Bray passed Bo Robinson tonight with four hits in a 13-10 win over Fordham to stay alive in the A-10 Tournament. The team plays again tomorrow night at 7:00 against either UMass, Rhode Island, or Xavier.

Before Metro says anything… :tongue:… I know Bray’s feat might be against inferior competition compared to what Robinson played against, but Bray has missed about the equivalent of half a season due to injuries in his four years.

I hear ya…I wonder how many MLB pitchers the A10 has produced vs CUSA/Metro the past 20 yrs? I suspect its about 20 to nil

But- Bray is a great kid and his dad posts here too I think.

What are his draft chances and what round?

What are his draft chances and what round?
rd 40-50, free agent

IMO, we are screwed:

Starting pitchers did exactly what they absolutely could [U]NOT D[/U]O to give us a chance

Lawson 2 inns yesterday, forces Pilk and Pierce to pitch alot

Yermal, 3.2 inns…Now McClain has thrown 2 days stratight

No excuse for this. I guess Rivers starts today- it would be nice if he could go 7 inns, we score a ton of runs, then we could throw a scrub the final 2 to rest Pierce, Pilk, McClain, Lysaught

Hard to lose the first game and then climb out of the losers bracket.

I’ll be very surprised if we come out of it. The good news is it’s a 6 team tourney so that helps a bit.

Burning up the pen is a bad sign for the next few days.

Bo was a hell of a player. That '98 team was something to watch. Bo and James should have their numbers on the wall in right field. Did either of them graduate? They BOTH had right at 100 RBI that year. Amazing!

Bo was a hell of a player. That '98 team was something to watch. Bo and James should have their numbers on the wall in right field. Did either of them graduate? They BOTH had right at 100 RBI that year. Amazing!

gotta get that degree, I’d love for Matan, Maine, Bo Rob, Mills, and E Walker to join me

[QUOTE=metro;409395]IMO, we are screwed:

Starting pitchers did exactly what they absolutely could [U]NOT D[/U]O to give us a chance

Lawson 2 inns yesterday, forces Pilk and Pierce to pitch alot

Yermal, 3.2 inns…Now McClain has thrown 2 days stratight

No excuse for this. I guess Rivers starts today- it would be nice if he could go 7 inns, we score a ton of runs, then we could throw a scrub the final 2 to rest Pierce, Pilk, McClain, Lysaught[/QUOTE]
This is exactly what happened at the regionals in 2007. First, Spencer Steedley gets blown up by USC and can’t go but 3 innings. I’ll allow it, because it was USC, and because Hagen was able to pitch the rest of the game and kept us from blowing too many relievers.

HOWEVER… Rosenbaum having a seven-run lead out of the gate against NCSU that night, and not being able to get out of the third inning, was a complete killer. That made us blow Matt Foard, who had already pitched in the first NCSU game; and Bryan Hamilton, who went four innings at the end of that game… meaning that we were completely on fumes for the second USC game.

Here’s where we stand right now.

PITCHED YESTERDAY:
Yermal (3.2)
Lysaught (0.2)
McLain (3.0) (pitched in both)
Lawson (2.0)
Pilkington (4.2)
Pierce (2.0)

IN THE TANK:
Potential Starters: Rivers, Moreland, Smith
Relievers: Pierce, McLain (maybe), Lysaught, Rothlin, Cunningham
Might Be Available: Lawson

Whoever starts tonight MUST suck up six innings minimum.

[QUOTE=metro;409410]gotta get that degree, I’d love for Matan, Maine, Bo Rob, Mills, and E Walker to join me[/QUOTE]

Did Stewart Cole go very far? He was there when I was in the mid-80’s. Great glove man at short.

[QUOTE=metro;409410]gotta get that degree, I’d love for Matan, Maine, Bo Rob, Mills, and E Walker to join me[/QUOTE]

I figured that was the case. No other reason not to have their numbers retired by now.

I thought Smith pitched well against Chapel Hill.

Did Stewart Cole go very far? He was there when I was in the mid-80's. Great glove man at short.
dude Stu made it to the big leauges, google him...not very great numbers but still to even get that far

*strange Stu fact, he was the manager for the AA team last year when his first base coach took that foul ball to the head n a game and was killed, now they all wear helmets

Before Metro says anything.... :tongue:... I know Bray's feat might be against inferior competition compared to what Robinson played against, but Bray has missed about the equivalent of half a season due to injuries in his four years.

I wanted to ad one more to this thing, I would challenge you to look at RBIs. I wager Bo had 240 RBI (I assume he avg 60 a yr- he had 101 his sr yr :lmao:) and Bray might have half that. Look at doubles too, HR, too. And that all happened against top 25 and even top 10 teams almost every conf weekend.

Again, Bray is great great kid and made some acrobatic catches at 3rd, but I promise if you got a few beers in a certain coach who wears 49, he’d tell you hands down Bray can’t hold Bo’s jock witha bat.

I think playing in the A10, you gotta beat the old records by 25% to mean something.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ncch/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/09MG20to32b.pdf
another interesting stat is Bray and Bo Rob both are .350 hitters, I just don’t see how 4 yrs of hitting .350 in this league is equal. Hell, if I am not mistaken Houston had 2- THATS 2 pitchers who were 1st rd picks in 98

[QUOTE=metro;409477]dude Stu made it to the big leauges, google him…not very great numbers but still to even get that far

*strange Stu fact, he was the manager for the AA team last year when his first base coach took that foul ball to the head n a game and was killed, now they all wear helmets[/QUOTE]

Cool, didn’t know he made the bigs.

[QUOTE=metro;409477]dude Stu made it to the big leauges, google him…not very great numbers but still to even get that far

*strange Stu fact, he was the manager for the AA team last year when his first base coach took that foul ball to the head n a game and was killed, now they all wear helmets[/QUOTE]

According to this link he is still the manager of the Tulsa Drillers and has been joined this season by fellow niner Bryan Harvey as pitching coach.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=260&stn=true&sid=t260

we play #4 UMass, scheduled to start at 8:35

8:35 a.m.? yikes.

Does anyone know what happened to Grant Bomann last night? He had to leave the game with 2 or 3 innings remaining. He’s back in the game tonight.

[QUOTE=wayton5646;409589]8:35 a.m.? yikes.[/QUOTE]
Uh, that’d be 8:35pm. The game’s in progress.