Baseball Team

[QUOTE=metro;314465]we will win the A10[/QUOTE]

YES we will!

We had a bad series against Xavier this past weekend, but we will finish the conference season strong and win the A-10.

Big series against Duq in two weeks. Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend :frowning:

YES we will!

We had a bad series against Xavier this past weekend, but we will finish the conference season strong and win the A-10.

Big series against Duq in two weeks. Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend :frowning:

I REALLY hope Iā€™m wrong, but the baseball team really seems to be going down hill fast! The battered and young pitching staff is absolutely killing us. Even when we hit well, weā€™re giving up so many hits/runs its unrealistic to think we can keep up most nights! It seems to me that Yermal is the ONLY consistent pitcher we have right now! They really need 1-2 more of these guys to step it up. IMO, Kelly McLain looks to have the most potential from the current (healthy) guys in the bullpen. Any chance, he could move into the starting rotation? Metro, any thoughts? It seems like nobody else is stepping up, why not give him a try?

even corey tilton is pitching now. he did alright today, but damn, that cant be a good sign. i dont know whats going on, but the boys are looking like garbage lately.
4 errors today.
9 runs didnt even have us in the game. iā€™m worried.

Tilton has had a pitchersā€™ warm-up song in the computer all year. He came in as a two-way player, but they didnā€™t think heā€™d actually have to toe the rubber this season.

The offense is putting up runs like mad, just like they have all year. But the errors and the pitching are killing us. Duquesne is better than its record shows (they played a really tough pre-conf schedule), but thereā€™s no reason to give up 34 runs in 2 games to them. We just have to get healthy - thatā€™s all there is to it.

the team is putting up runs against bad teams.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;316646]the team is putting up runs against bad teams.[/QUOTE]
The shutout against UNC-CH was an aberration. The offense is still explosive.

Weā€™re 5-7 in our last 12, that is not good.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;316645] We just have to get healthy - thatā€™s all there is to it.[/QUOTE]

Agree. but at this point of the season, it is gonna be difficult.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;316650]Agree. but at this point of the season, it is gonna be difficult.[/QUOTE]
The good news is, weā€™re done with 5-game weeks; if the starting pitchers can suck up innings, the bullpen may have more of a chance to recoup. Our only starter logging long innings over the last month is Joe Yermal (Friday night starter) - that has to change.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;316653] if the starting pitchers can suck up innings, the bullpen may have more of a chance to recoup. [/QUOTE]

hope so.

Obviously, this isnā€™t last years team. but its still pretty darn good.

However, it is currently destined to be ā€œpercievedā€ as a disappointment.

its gonna be rough the rest of the way, I suppose. When so many arms go down at one time, there really is no cure.

TF makes a good point, the schedule eases up a bit, which will give more rest to them.

The defense will be fine. That is fixable and just slumping right now. We are going to score runs and play hard as nails.

The NCAAs donā€™t look so certain now. I think its pretty clear we have to win the A10 to get in, and its hard to win a conf tourny short on arms.

[QUOTE=metro;316673]The NCAAs donā€™t look so certain now. I think its pretty clear we have to win the A10 to get in, and its hard to win a conf tourny short on arms.[/QUOTE]
Rosenbaum and Rivers have gotta freakinā€™ FIND IT. They were just atrocious this weekend, Iā€™m sorry to say, and the bullpen was really no better with the exception of McLain.

Rosenbaum and Rivers have gotta freakin' FIND IT. They were just atrocious this weekend, I'm sorry to say, and the bullpen was really no better with the exception of McLain.
to be fair, Rivers is a freshman. Its asking alot to lean on him.

I didnā€™t see it, but I have a hard time looking at Rosyā€™s numbers vs Duq. I wonder if his finger is an issue againā€¦9 ER in 3 inn??? I could understand it vs UNCCH or USC.

I am convinced Brandon Hall is a genius with pitchers, so if its fixable heā€™ll find a way.

Can someone post a list of all our pitchers, and label who is healthy, who is hurt, and a timeframe of when they may be back?

Maybe Metro or TF would be able to do this.

[B]HEALTHY[/B]
[I]Starters:[/I]
Joe Yermal
Ryan Rivers (has been hurt)
Zach Rosenbaum (has been hurt)
[I]Relievers:[/I]
Kelly McLain
Cory Tilton (also a position player)
Brandon DeLong
Luke Stahl
Andrew Smith
B.J. Hagen
Bryan Hamilton (has been hurt)
Mike Maples (has been hurt)

[B]HURTING[/B]
[I]Starters:[/I]
Keith Moreland (came off TJ surgery, had one good outing, hasnā€™t pitched since)
[I]Relievers:[/I]
Kyle Pfirrman (redshirted this year after TJ surgery)
Sam Pierce (out indefinitely with shattered jaw)
Justin Duncan (not sure whatā€™s up)

Whats the deal on the infield? I noticed a few new infield starters yesterday.

Are there injuries there, too?

Based on between innings warmups, Corey Shaylor seemed restricted on his throwing.

Thanks TF

Just my opinion. They have to win the tourney to get in.