Baseball Title at Stake Today

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;320230]Yep. Everyone in the stadium knew that ball was gone before CT even finished his follow through.

What a game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, great ending to the regular season!!!

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/051708aaa.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/051708aaa.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]Charlotte, N.C. - Chris Taylor hit a solo home run in the bottom of the tenth to push the Charlotte 49ers to a share of the 2008 Atlantic 10 baseball title in a 2-1 victory over visiting Rhode Island at Robert and Mariam Hayes Stadium Saturday afternoon. [B]The win gives Charlotte back-to-back 40-win seasons for the first time in school history. Charlotte finishes the regular season 40-14 overall and 19-8 in the A-10.[/B] Rhode Island falls to 29-25-1, with a 15-11-1 A-10 mark.

Charlotte finishes 2008 with a 26-7 home mark, making them 39-10 at home since opening the new facility on March 30, 2007.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Charlotte will face the Wednesday winner of third-seeded Duquesne and sixth-seeded St. Bonaventure after receiving a bye in the upcoming conference tournament, which takes place at Campbellā€™s Field in Camden, N.J. next week. Charlotte will get the first day off and plays Thursday at 3:30 p.m. as the second seed.

NOTES: Taylorā€™s homer puts him in a tie for the third-most homers in one season in team history with Tom Malchesky (1986). His RBI puts his total at a career-high 66. It was Charlotteā€™s eighth win in their final at-bat and the first time this season the Niners have won with a home run to end the game.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;320229]NINERS WIN 2-1ā€¦ walk-off homer in the 10th from Chris Taylor.[/QUOTE]

Great game!! After we left a man on 3rd with 0 outs, I told my buddy that the only way we were winning was with a walk off HR.

What a way to go out on your last home game!!! Congrats to the seniors!!!

Chris Taylor is lucky to have survived the mob that ganged up on him the second he crossed the plate.

We had a lot of close calls today. Tilton almost hit one out, Lyerly almost hit one outā€¦ we were due. I could care less that Xavier got the #1 seed; the important thing is that we got the bye.

[QUOTE=Tyro Niner;320215]Can someone tell me just how bad Brad McElroyā€™s ankle sprain is. Is he expected to play in the tournament?[/QUOTE]

BUMP. Any update on McElroy???

That game was awesome! Everyone was on pins and needles the last few innings. It was great. I love the players rowing in the dugoutā€¦hilarious!

On a side note, I was sitting beside a gentleman down in 106 yesterday, and im guessing he is probably a poster on here. Had on the rewards jersey. If youre out thereā€¦it was nice to meet ya! Everyone was high fiving after the game. Bobby was really into it also, he was sitting right below me. Great atmosphere!

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;320260] I could care less that Xavier got the #1 seed; the important thing is that we got the bye.[/QUOTE]

We didnā€™t get THE bye. Xavier got one and so did we.

Sorry, but your statement was kinda misleading.

I do care that Xavier got the #1 seed. FWIW, I hate giving another team any advantage, but it doesnā€™t matter at this point.

The Niners, in my opinion, will HAVE TO BEAT Xavier or Duquesne twice this week.

Hope it happens.

Injuries slowed them for a while and this team may not be as good as last yearā€™s, but this team is capable of some notable NCAA play.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;320272]BUMP. Any update on McElroy???[/QUOTE]

I guess nobody on here can answer this question.

I guess nobody on here can answer this question.

been wondering the same thing for the last week of moreā€¦

Man, I wish I could have been at any of the games this weekendā€¦ :sad: Great job guys!