Baseball Week 11 - at UNC-CH; at ODU

Glad to see it at #17, AND Rising. Alexander Central Starnes on the mound? Killer! I should watch this in person. Niners, put your foot on their throats. Bury those assholes, or walk home

This is what they have now. Last week was the College of Charleston logo.

1 Like

Looks like the game might be on ESPN+ tomorrow night. They list Gardner-Webb at North Carolina.

Here’s where we sit in the polls:

#15 - D1Baseball
#17 - USA Today Coaches
#17 - NCBWA Baseball Writers
#17 - Perfect Game
#19 - Baseball America
#25 - Collegiate Baseball

1 Like

Looks like Chapel Hill is going to throw a bunch of guys today:

“Tomorrow we will just staff it. I don’t know who will start. We will try to get a lot of guys out there. Maybe even script it out and get nine guys an inning or get one guy two innings and eight guys (in). We will be giving a lot of guys opportunities and are not going to ask too much out of them. We are going to try to pitch a lot of guys to give us a chance to win.”

That’s a quality tweet.

With Starnes starting for us I believe we will be utilizing the same strategy as Chapel Hill.

1 Like

Neither team’s going to be willing to employ a pitching strategy tonight that threatens to weaken them this coming weekend. There’s too much on the line for both teams in their upcoming series.

2 Likes

I doubt we will use 9 guys, but I think we’ll probably be in the 5 or 6 range.

1 Like

A friend of mine that is a big Gamecock baseball fan said that last Tuesday UNC-CH pitched their #2 guy against them. The Cocks threw their #5 pitcher as you would expect. I hope the Heels don’t pull that on us today.

I doubt anything like that happens. Like ricko said, the upcoming weekend games are so much more important to both teams and the fact that Woodard and Forbes are really good friends. I think Woodard has said that he’s one of his best friends.

You trying to say Hibbs and Fox weren’t best friends? :rofl:

2 Likes

link to watch (I think). Still showing Gardner-Webb

Todd Elwood and Aaron McKeithan made the D1 Baseball Play of the Week in their Top 10.

2 Likes

Todd learned that from his brother… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep!

Big Maple not in the line-up tonight. He was injured in the last inning on Sunday but stayed in to finish the game at 1B. Hope he gets back for this weekend.

1 Like

The Projected CHARLOTTE Regional.

1. Charlotte* (13)
  2. Northeastern*
  3. Florida
  4. North Carolina
3 Likes

The idea of hosting a regional given this teams home record …

1 Like