Baseball Week 3- at UNCG, WCU

Oh, I thought that meant Pabst Blue Ribbon. Too bad.

1 Like

3/4/2021 Scores of Interest:

Cincinnati 10
:baseball: UNCW 14

Today’s starting pitchers were not only teammates at Walters State, but apparently they were roomates as well. Lindsey and Matthews were teammates on the 2019 Walters State squad along with Parker Stinnett and Dillon Phillips.

Should be a very good match-up. Lindsey has been lights out for us and Matthews won SoCon Pitcher of the Week last week after beating UNCW. I’m guessing we will see a pitchers dual and a low scoring game today.

After Friday, it seems like their pitching drops off a bit. I don’t think there is much drop off with our guys. Throw in our bullpen, and that is clearly going to be an advantage for us this weekend. They have a more veteran offense, but as we have seen so far, our offense is very explosive.

1 Like

Score? I guess we lost or are losing since no one is posting a score.

we are winning 7-4 in the bottom of the eighth. :grinning:

1 Like

Final…we won 7-4.

3 Likes

Good win. Their starter came in red hot and we took care of business.

Uploaded some videos from game 1: https://youtube.com/channel/UCFULjyok_-dfCP_SM6W_y7g

1 Like

Two more HRs today. We have 20 HR in 8 games. Averaging 2.5 per game now.

School record is 110 and we are currently on pace to hit 140.

We’ve only allowed 4 HR this season.

1 Like

Bro get on Twitter and follow Diamond Niners or the Charlotte BSB Twitter feed. They always update the score.

1 Like

Let’s win a series today. :baseball::pick::baseball::pick::baseball::pick:

3 Likes

3/5/2021 Scores of interest:

Western Carolina 4
CHARLOTTE 7

:baseball: Morehead St 1
:baseball: Marshall 3

:baseball: UNCG 7
Elon 3

Alabama 8
:baseball: College of Charleston 0

Cincinnati 7
:baseball: UNCW 4

Northeastern 8
:baseball: ODU 10

Georgia St 1
:baseball: Tennessee 6

:baseball:North Carolina 6
Virginia Tech 10

:baseball: App St 2
:baseball: ECU 13

:baseball: Western Kentucky 5
Tulane 6

FGCU 8
:baseball: FAU 0

Indiana St 13
:baseball: FIU 2

Sam Houston 12
:baseball: Rice 4

McNeese St 0
LaTech 11

Southern Miss 0
Jacksonville St 6

MTSU 4
South Alabama 5

A little different lineup today. McCabe left the game early yesterday, and is not in the lineup today. I’m hoping that it is not something major.

Boy, I hope not a major issue with McCabe too. We need his bat! Five HR’s already.

They said it was a thumb injury in the broadcast. Hope he’s back soon.

Tough loss today. Pitching was good enough to win, just couldn’t get the offense cranked up. It’s probably my fault for talking about our record breaking HR pace last night.

3 Likes

Hopefully we’ll win tomorrow so we don’t have to start a fire Mr. Bo thread haha.

Yea I listened to the game today and ever so often in baseball a pitcher has your number, let’s get the W tomorrow and get to 8-2 before the gauntlet.

1 Like

Any updates on McCabe?

Sounds like it’s day-to-day.

We need him back.