Baseball Week 4- Tennessee, at ECU

Yes, they were.

Step back from the ledge, this ain’t basketball

LOL. Not “on the ledge”

clt applauds the eCu announcers. They did a nice job

Aaron Fitt from D1 Baseball was covering the game today.

Great game today. I was shocked at home much homework the announcers had done on us. Refreshing to hear.

McGowan looked really good. That’s the first time this year that I’ve seen him from the centerfield camera angle. His stuff is really good.

I don’t feel like we’ve given anything to them in this series. They have just gotten some timely clutch hitting. We’ve missed a few opportunities but we’ve played well this weekend so far. Hope we can grab a win tomorrow.

McCabe with the almost homer and then the double play to close out the inning really hurt. A little more on McCabes shot and more down the line on DP you have a big inning going and possibly a different ending. That’s baseball in a nutshell though.

We keep stranding baserunners. Need more timely hitting. Down 2-1 in the 3rd, after taking 1-0 lead in the first. We had our first 3 batters on base in the first and only plated one…need to do better than that.

Heck of a catch by Goover. Came across to the other side of the diamond.

We keep hurting ourselves. Runners at first and second, and runner gets picked off at second. Not sure he was out, but that was the call for the 3rd out.
Edit: this is getting frustrating. Our big hitters are not getting it done today and have not for most of this weekend. ECU is really good, but we really needed to make a statement this weekend, with atleast 1 win. All 3 games have been competitive but it seems like we just can’t quite get over the hump in this series…Down 3-1 in the 6th now. Pitching mostly solid for us, but giving up 2 or 3 big hits each game.

ECU plays almost perfect baseball. Hitters have strong at bats, their pitchers have spotted their pitches and they play great defense. They have a top ten club. We have played them much closer this year than last. I think we will continue to get better.

We are definitely close, thats even more aggravating. 1 or 2 hits each game has been the Difference.

1 Like

We may see ECU again as a 4th seed in the subregional they host.

1 Like

We can do better than a 4, but I will still take it.

1 Like

Anybody know what the deal is with Pilolli ?

Alumnus said hamstring injury.

Results of Interest from this weekend:

• :baseball: Morehead St took 2 of 3 from Eastern Kentucky

• :baseball: College of Charleston took 2 of 3 from :baseball: William & Mary

• :baseball: UNCG swept at :baseball: Tennessee

• :baseball: WCU sweeps 3 games from St Johns

• :baseball: ECU sweeps Charlotte

• :baseball: Wake Forest lost 2 games at Miami. Game 3 canceled

• :baseball: App State swept at :baseball:UNCW

• :baseball:WKU sweeps Bowling Green

• :baseball:FAU split 2 games with FGCU

• :baseball:FIU split 4 games series at Coastal Carolina

• :baseball:North Carolina sweeps Clemson

• :baseball:UTSA swept at LSU (2 games of this series went extra innings?

• :baseball:ODU sweeps Ball State

• :baseball:Marshall won 2 of 3 at Mercer

• :baseball:Rice won 2 games over Northern Illinois, split 2 games with Kansas State

• LaTech won 1 of 3 vs #1 Arkansas

• Southern Miss sweeps Louisiana- Lafayette

• MTSU split 4 games vs Valpo

• UAB swept at Georgia Southern

Good chance Wake game gets postponed.

Amazing stat of the weekend vs ECU: The Pirates only allowed 2 walks all weekend. Both walks came in Saturday’s game. Their pitchers did not allow a walk in Friday or Sunday’s games.

I thought our guys pitched excellent over the weekend too, but that stat blows my mind. They were just a little bit better all weekend, and that stat is one of the reasons why. They’ve moved up to 9th in both the Baseball America and D1 Baseball polls.

ECUs staff this weekend was as impressive as their stupid camo hats, mullets, and pathetic 14 year old facial hair were awful.

(Seriously though - all that was missing were jorts and a badly faded IROC Z)