Baseball Week 5 - At Wake Forest, Rhode Island (GM1 & 2 at Truist Field DH)

This team is very talented and I still have very high hopes for the season, but the last few games have been a bit of a buzz kill, with the exception of the UT game.

1 Like

The past 5 games was probably the toughest stretch of games we will have all year. We went 1-4 and didn’t have our Senior starting Second Baseman and our Team MVP from last year. I think some of our young guys got some valuable experience in their absence and performed well.

Our offense has struggled the past 4 games. Are we pressing? Are we just facing really good pitching? Probably some of both. You are not going to sneak up on anybody when you were leading the country in HRs.

Scores of Intersest 3/16/2021:

Charlotte 1
Wake Forest 4

:baseball: Morehead St 1
West Virginia 7

:baseball: UNCG 7
#13 Virginia Tech 2

:baseball: WCU — Postponed all games this week due to Covid
Kennessaw State

ETSU 6
:baseball: #10 Tennessee 9 (10 INN)

Jacksonville
:baseball: College of Charleston (Canceled)***

NC A&T 5
:baseball: App State 14

Bellarmine 7
:baseball: WKU 3

:baseball: FAU 3
UCF 8

:baseball: UNC-CH 4
Liberty 8

:baseball: UTSA 8
Baylor 10

#4 Ole Miss 1
La Tech 13

Southern Miss 2
South Alabama 8

MTSU 4
Austin Peay 2

***This is something that worries me about this weekend:

Tuesday’s scheduled baseball game between the College of Charleston and Jacksonville has been canceled due to COVID-19 protocols within the Charleston program. The Cougars and Dolphins were scheduled for a 4:00 p.m. first pitch at Patriots Point.

The Cougars’ status for this upcoming weekend’s series in Charlotte, N.C. against Charlotte has not changed at this time.

I have been very impressed by Carson Johnson’s replacement Gino Groover. He has put the bat on the ball every game. I think he has the longest hitting streak going. And he has been terrific with the glove at second base. He’s had a great start for a freshman.

1 Like

clt says just have a green white scrimmage if Charleston has to back out.

people need beer, hot dogs and baseball Saturday

Any idea when CJ might return? Also, anything new on Pilolli?

I have too. Gino is going to be a great player for us.

I think losing Carson’s bat hurts the line-up. Even after missing 5 games, he is still leading our team in walks. We could definitely have used that in our lineup recently. What happens when he gets healthy? Do you put him or Gino to DH?

I’m not sure what is going on with Pilolli and I don’t want to speculate. Hopefully we will just see him back on the field soon.

1 Like

It looks like Mercer is available, since WCU had to postpone their series this weekend. I wonder if they’d come up for the weekend if we needed a replacement?

don’t get me wrong, I believe in the analytics but it can get carried away and I think makes players robotic. Every athlete is different. My 2 cents is we’ve taken it way too far.

1 Like

Did Woodward address the use of Lindsey for 25 pitches? Is our weekend rotation staying the same?

This could have something to do with it:

1 Like

College of Charleston series cancelled. Search is on for a replacement. Ugh.

We need to schedule some wins to get back on track. Anyone close by with an open weekend?

Really hate to lose the downtown game, was going to be my first live sports event since the world changed.

1 Like

Posted earlier that Mercer is open now that their series with WCU is postponed. They are not far away if we could just get them in for 1 game if not a series.

2 Likes

Maybe Belmont Abbey is available? :roll_eyes:

Uhgg…we needed those 3 games.

Welcome back 2020! :face_vomiting:

1 Like
1 Like