Baseball Week 5 - At Wake Forest, Rhode Island (GM1 & 2 at Truist Field DH)

The Niners come into the week with an 8-6 record. RPI sits at 42, SOS 22.

We are schedules to travel to Wake Forest on Tuesday. Then we are hosting College of Charleston this weekend. Games 1 & 3 at the Hayes. Saturday’s game 2 will be uptown at Truist Field.

The Wake game may not happen due to A. weather, and B they didn’t play their 3rd game of the series at Miami this weekend due to “eturn-to-play protocols.”

Tickets for the Wake game in Winston are on sale here:

https://godeacs.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AWFU%3AO20%3ABBCLT%3A&linkID=wfu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=appList&appCode=&groupCode=BB&cgc=&dataAccId=233&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_wfu

Tickets for our game Uptown this weekend are for sale here:

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Buy.asp?EventID=316347#.YE92zJ1KguV

Polls this week:

D1 Baseball

ECU 9
Tennessee 13
FAU (out)

Baseball America

ECU 9
North Carolina 14
Tennessee 18

Our game at Wake Forest will be on the ACC Network Tuesday afternoon.

Game in Kannapolis has sold out!! I’m guessing with the NC regulations, the capacity was limited to around 1500 or so. Should be a fun atmosphere!!

1 Like

Uptown running low too, if you’re thinking about going I’d go ahead and scoop them up.

1 Like

Copying some discussion re: how to watch the game today:

The baseball game is on ACCN locally on YTTV. @hootie if they don’t have it on locally on your ACCN, I would download the ESPN app and input your cable credentials. Should be able to stream it that way. It should NOT require ESPN+.

1 Like

clt says no issue w/ YTTV

So far, not impressed. Maybe we’ll pull a patented NINER comeback.

Dang…ECU was somewhat understandable, but Wake is just not very good. This is our first “bad loss” in my opinion. 4 hits against Wake will not cut it. Where did our bats go in one weeks time? EDIT: losing twice to WC was not too good either actually.

Well… disappointed.

We were 1-6 playing NC teams prior to this, so no big surprise to me. We are still the NINERS and seem to strive to be the whipping boys in NC no matter the sport. This is yet another example of a team that has the potential but seems to just lose it when we play in-state rivals.

1 Like

Need some KFC for Jobu.

1 Like

We pitched well and played good defense. The bats have fallen into a slump over the past few games.

Did we have any walks today? Only 2 over the weekend. Might need a different approach at the plate if this keeps up.

We worked 4 Walks today.

rooting hard for our team,
but computers and video analytics grift don’t win games
mental toughness, some talent, and cohenes win more than the grift

1 Like

Glad to see that especially against Wakes staff.

The computers and video analytics only enhance the ‘mental toughness, talent and cahones’ that we have on this team. It’s not an either/or deal.

1 Like