Baseball Week 7- vs FAU (CUSA-TV)

Let him be a man!

1 Like

Hale Sims getting the start today.

What happened to Vasquez?

Shhuuu…baseball hangs on in game 4 to take the series 4-0. Won today 11-10 after taking an 11-6 lead into the 9th.

3 Likes

Sweep.

4 Likes

We just swept the favourite in the East, are off to a 7-1 start in conference, have a RPI in the 30s, and are doing this with our best player out?

That can’t be right can it?

3 Likes

Something something about how Woodard is too dependent on analytics and not instilling toughness.

But for real! Awesome sweep, if we can take care of ODU we’re in good position to win the division.

2 Likes

Wait, Woodard is in what is basically his first year, and at 7-1 in conference he has set a school record for best start ever? I am not going to have to wait five years for this?

5 Likes

Up to #27 in latest RPI rankings.

9 Likes

What a series!!! Beating a team like that 4 times in 3 days is impressive!! We gave up the lead a few times but always bounced back and got the W in 4 straight. 3 1-run games in a row!! 2 of those walk-offs. Weekends like this can only build confidence. Even getting knocked around a little bit, still bouncing back and coming out on top.

Some guys are starting to get healthy too. Carson is back, Elwood was back this weekend. Both played great this weekend. Pilolli came in and had a few ABs and played the field late in todays game. McCabe pinch hit a few times this weekend. Lots of positive momentum.

3 Likes

I have similar thoughts, about how this should give the team confidence in the close games going forward. It was pretty impressive seeing us bounce back each and every time we fell behind.

1 Like

Toughness and confidence are certainly things that stick out. So is chemistry. These guys seem to enjoy playing together.

Yeah the bounce back each game was great. So stoked for this team. I have felt positive about them all year. Baseball is all about runs of momentum, and we picked a great time kn conference play to bring it together.

On a side note, how was the hotel Alumnus? Was the bar really busy?

From what Mr. Bo and I saw, it is really nice. There was a decent crowd in there on Friday evening. We told the hostess that we had just come from the baseball game and wanted to grab a drink. She said, “that’s great! Did we win?” I said, “of course we did!” :joy:

It’s a game changer for the campus. I can see it becoming a hub of activity on game days. I’ve said forever that we have not had a “there” spot. Maybe this will be it.

3 Likes

Some highlights:

1 Like

When it warms up some, we might start celebrating Niner victories by jumping in to that pool!!!

3 Likes

After an early September football game you might jump in win or lose.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CharlotteBSB/status/1379127138754957319?s=20

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/d1baseball/status/1379141801433518091?s=20

Charlotte

Even with their two best hitters — David McCabe and Dominic Pilolli — still sidelined by injury, the 49ers swept a four-game series from Conference USA power Florida Atlantic, capped by an 11-10 thriller in Sunday’s finale. Charlotte improved to 18-9 overall and 7-1 in C-USA.

2 Likes

More press in the D1 Baseball chat today.

3 Likes