Baseball Week 8- at FIU

Umpires head on the inside shoulder!!! Damn!!

Is that Johnson at the plate? It’s a wonder someone didn’t get tossed for disagreeing with this call.

It was Johnson and he definitely had words for Blue. Woodard came out as well. According to the FIU guys, Woody told him it was “the worst strike call in the history of…ever.” :rofl:

2 Likes

That ump had some generous corners all night. FIU Coach got a warning in the 2nd inning for arguing balls/strikes. Surprised no one got tossed.

That call on Carson was strike 3 in the 9th with runners in scoring position and a foot outside.

Watched the first eight innings. Went to bed, so I missed this play. These 4 hour ball games are just too long. Games shouldn’t be longer than 3 hours. There has to be a way to speed these games up or maybe reduce the innings played.

1 Like

For your viewing (dis)pleasure:

4 Likes

I mean, is that even real life??? The conference needs to look at stuff like this. That is an insane call. Thats not arguing balls and strikes, thats arguing if you are literally effing blind.

1 Like

Damn that is bad. I guess that is one way to speed up the games. :angry:

1 Like

So its a 4 game series. Does that mean this ump will call the plate in game 4? Also, if he is the crew chief, how bad will the other guys be? Gotta give the guy credit for having a thick skin, though. Most umps will compensate for ridiculous calls by doing something stupid like tossing the offended player.

It’s the same ump that worked behind the plate Friday/Sunday of the WKU series. Don’t look for him to be behind the plate on Sunday.

I was wondering if Sean was exaggerating on his call…based upon that one, he was not.

Did McCabe get hurt again? I notice he is not in the lineup for game one today.

That pitch was in the RH batters box before it got to the plate.

3-0 Niners after 3.

#BigMaple is OK. They let him give it a go last night but told him not to chance it if he wasn’t 100%. He’s getting close.

The ref made a mistake. Can (or does) a ref reverse a call even if he knew it was a mistake or does he just try to do a make up over the course of a game?

4-2 Niners middle of the 6th. Marozas still on the mound.

…and here we go, had to make it interesting

4-4 after 6. Going to be another close one. Unearned runs have not been an issue, but that’s where we’re at in game 1.

Niners get the lead back. 5-4 going to the bottom of the 7th. Fasten your seatbelts.

Niners win 5-4!

3 Likes