Baseball

Anybody have any news on the baseball team?
I have not heard a word from any coaches about what guys are doing, how they looked coming out of the fall, who is hurt, who is ready, where our expectations are, nothing.
Usually there is an occasional video update by now. I know lots of discussions about other sports are going on, and I hope that the baseball team can bring Niner pride back up. Sounds like morale is way down around athletics in general. We have a new facility being added to baseball, season tickets are now on sale, but no hype from anyone about the team itself.
Somebody, PLEASE say something!

Phil missed a great opportunity this morning to promote baseball.

I guess he was too busy talking about former title IX basketball coaches who were at Charlotte.

[quote=“BigE3, post:1, topic:31252”]Anybody have any news on the baseball team?
I have not heard a word from any coaches about what guys are doing, how they looked coming out of the fall, who is hurt, who is ready, where our expectations are, nothing.
Usually there is an occasional video update by now. I know lots of discussions about other sports are going on, and I hope that the baseball team can bring Niner pride back up. Sounds like morale is way down around athletics in general. We have a new facility being added to baseball, season tickets are now on sale, but no hype from anyone about the team itself.
Somebody, PLEASE say something![/quote]

They are still under Judy and Phil’s thumbs. That’s all you need to know.

clt says we should divert b-ball and fb support towards baseball.

^^^^^^^

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/news/2017/10/5/baseball-2017-18-grand-slam-club.aspx

clt plans to increase his contribution.

[quote=“BigE3, post:1, topic:31252”]Anybody have any news on the baseball team?
Somebody, PLEASE say something![/quote]

I haven’t heard much since the end of fall practice. I know we signed several guys on signing day almost a month ago, but there has not been a press release. Maybe we will get that released soon.

The indoor facility will start construction soon and is supposed to be completed in August.

If you are on twitter, you should follow this account. https://twitter.com/Diamond9erFans