baseball's most unlikely vegetarian.

“In the land of the seventh-inning Sausage Races, here’s a guy who, as a 10-year-old, starred with his father in a television ad for McDonalds triple cheeseburgers, of all things.”

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10719877

"In the land of the seventh-inning Sausage Races, here's a guy who, as a 10-year-old, starred with his father in a television ad for McDonalds triple cheeseburgers, of all things."

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10719877

he sounds like a douchebag. Did you know he hates his dad too?

he sounds like a douchebag.

What!? Come on Metro, I know you aren’t a fan of the whole environmental movement, but you can’t be serious…

"I just looked in the trash and saw so much plastic, it made me feel bad," Fielder says. "I figured, at least I can start with myself. Because I crush water. I drink it all the time.

Fielder, who no longer eats fish, either, is greatly appreciative.
“I don’t want to be a burden,” he says.

“I don’t preach to people,” Fielder says. “I don’t want to make them uncomfortable. When people who don’t know offer me meat, I just say, ‘No thanks.’”

“He’s asked more questions than any young player I’ve ever been around,” says Sveum, who is especially working with Fielder on improving the big man’s footwork.
“On a scale of one to 10, he’s a 10,” Brewers manager Ned Yost says. "I’ve met very few players who are a 10, but he’s a 10. He’s very special.

“Whatever he’s doing, he’s doing it for the betterment of his teammates and for himself.”

Yeah… sounds like a real asshole. :rolleyes:

Seems like a class act to me. There aren’t a lot of people out there (especially in pro sports) who actively change their lifestyle to try and make a difference in theirseves and the world around them.

[QUOTE=metro;306922]he sounds like a douchebag. Did you know he hates his dad too?[/QUOTE]

Big Cecil FIELDER!!!

What!? Come on Metro, I know you aren't a fan of the whole environmental movement, but you can't be serious..

Yeah… sounds like a real asshole. :rolleyes:

Seems like a class act to me. There aren’t a lot of people out there (especially in pro sports) who actively change their lifestyle to try and make a difference in theirseves and the world around them.

nah…we recycle at my house, I’m cool with that, I am even buying the crazy light bulbs.

that said…I also know he hates his Dad. Also you lose me once you start quoting the “Inconvenient Truth.” That movie is propaganda. And no baseball player in their right mind would go vegan.

I don’t know…it all seems a little Ricky Williams-ish.

as you well know better than any, you can’t believe what you read word for word. In real life, if a teammate who hit 50 hr came in and said I’m now vegan, and we are going to start recycling in the clubhouse, everyone would get tired of him quickly.

Prince will be eating Brats by July.

[QUOTE=metro;306952]I am even buying the crazy light bulbs[/QUOTE]

:lmao: Taken out of context that is funny.

Prince will be eating Brats by July.
yep, a week of 95 degrees and his batspeed will look like a middle schooler.

[QUOTE=metro;306952]nah…we recycle at my house, I’m cool with that, I am even buying the crazy light bulbs.

that said…I also know he hates his Dad. Also you lose me once you start quoting the “Inconvenient Truth.” That movie is propaganda. And no baseball player in their right mind would go vegan.

I don’t know…it all seems a little Ricky Williams-ish.

as you well know better than any, you can’t believe what you read word for word. In real life, if a teammate who hit 50 hr came in and said I’m now vegan, and we are going to start recycling in the clubhouse, everyone would get tired of him quickly.[/QUOTE]

His father was apparently an absentee father…

I agree with the ricky williams comment, this kid is a dreamer, which is find except when you try pushing your half-researched ideals on others, as long as he keeps it to himself, overall seems like a good guy.

as you well know better than any, you can't believe what you read word for word. In real life, if a teammate who hit 50 hr came in and said I'm now vegan, and we are going to start recycling in the clubhouse, everyone would get tired of him quickly.

I dunno. Personally, I’d find it refershing to have a teammate who wasn’t from the same cookie-cutter mold as all the other star athletes.

Plus, he isn’t pushing anything on anyone. He talked about how he wouyld never want to be a burden, and doesn’t preach his beliefs to anyone.

Why does the recycling bag need to be by his locker?

Put it right next the trash can, like it is in my office.

The vegan thing is gonna be interesting over the course of the season. I would be surprised if it doesn’t have an negative impact over the long term.

I’ve dated a vegan once. She didn’t stop me from eating meat. Some of the non-meat stuff was OK, but I’d rather go hungry than eat a lot of that crap.

As far as his father, I’m sure there are 2 sides to this story. Here is Big Daddy’s:

[QUOTE]Cecil Fielder accuses his ex-wife of turning their son against him. “I just don’t think my son knows how to let it go,” Cecil Fielder said Friday. "I don’t think he’s grown up yet. Until he can move on and talk to me like he’s my son, we don’t need to talk.[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2913723

I believe some of the issues between Prince and Cecil deal with Cecil’s gambling problem when Prince was a child.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with this guy becoming a borderline tree hugging hippie, maybe he can get the Brewers to change their colors to tie-dye and have Bill Walton do the play by play.

It is better than shooting up clubs or taking steroids and putting date rape drugs in girls’ drinks.

It is better than shooting up clubs or taking steroids and putting date rape drugs in girls' drinks.
oh yeah, because thats what all the pro athletes do nightly

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;306980]His father was apparently an absentee father…
[/QUOTE]

I watched a interview with Prince about a year ago on ESPN talking about his father. Apparently his father never did anything for him at all…never really even watched him grow up. Don’t think you can call him a d-bag for not liking his father.

Nice pic Concord, I am a huge Tool fan…

Something had to go on during his childhood that really pushed Prince away, you do not see many father/son relationships of athletes like that, except maybe the Mayweathers. Ex, Luke/Bill Walton, the Ripkens, etc. all seem to be closer because of playing sports.

Haha thanks…Carey is the man!