Basketball Negativity

Lutz should have never been fired. It appeared both Judy and the Chancellor were opposed to Lutz.

It has been told that Lutz was instructed to tone it down on the sideline or lose his job. The chancellor wanted Bobby to be a choir boy on the sideline. So, when people say Lutz lost his fire it was because of the administration. I saw it too. It had a huge impact on his coaching style and the atmosphere inside of Halton Arena.

But, donā€™t blame Bobby. The chancellor was more focused on appearance than Championships. Iā€™m sure the Chancellor was being instructed by the UNC Board that cared nothing about Charlotte basketball being successful.

Remember, Chancellor Dubois said ā€œit is more about the UNC system than it is about Charlotte.ā€ He subscribed to us playing our role and it had nothing to do with successful athletics.

Previous leadership was the demise of Charlotte basketball; not Bobby Lutz. Had we retained Lutz we would have been in a much better place over the last couple of decades. For those that believe otherwise, you are just buying into a false narrative. Itā€™s just too bad we canā€™t change the past.

2 Likes

NIL is just the sledgehammer that drove the last hail in the wooden coffin for our dead basketball program, but it was already dead

I see FAU and SD St make the final four but Iā€™m told by some on this board that my expectation of making the tourney about half the time is unreasonable.

To me, theyā€™re the ones being negative. Not us that not only strive to that but By God saw it happen.

4 Likes

Yea things may be trending that way but last season showed on multiple levels all is not yet lost.

Yes and I would get rich by placing a bet, that the very day that Ronā€™s replacement is announced, one if you will start the ā€œfire (fill in the blank name)ā€ thread for the next coach, or just rotate over to fire Mike, or Biff if he doesnā€™t win.

Except we didnt start the fire ron thread during his 1st season. We did after he proved that he cant coach. Do you think hes doing a good job? Also, you never answered what our expectations should be

More hot garbage from Ted

Iā€™m in a weird place with basketball right now, I get why they kept Ron this season. Iā€™m excited about playing AAC ball next year and I think could end up being somewhat competitive again. The real issue is that I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever be great with him at the helm and its hard to be excited knowing that.

2 Likes

You are a smart guy, but:

I do not get why Sanchez is still our coach

I am not excited about watching us in the AAC when it comes to basketball, barring some wind fall of new talent

I donā€™t think we will be competitive this n the AAC next year

I donā€™t think we will ever be good with Ron, much less great

The only cure for Ron is for him to get a sudden injection of new, talented basketball players before next season. The types of players who could be talented enough to win despite Ron, would be coming to Charlotte for reasons other than Ron Sanchez. There are only 5 dudes on the court, so a few talented ready to ball players can swing a program from Sanchez bad to Sanchez serviceable. But all that is speculation and fantasy now based on the current situation

Now you are getting it. See winning matters.

A coach gets a runway to win, but once that runway is up, if they donā€™t win they need to move on. If they HAVE won in the past but canā€™t win anymore same thing applies. Winning matters and more so now than ever. Academics really donā€™t mean crap anymore, building young men doesnā€™t apply because they just move on.

Ron has had his window.

3 Likes

Lets just all go to our ā€œHappy Placeā€ ! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

He wonā€™t answer you. Your wasting your breath asking that kind of direct question.

Ron Sanchez is not the source of the negativity.

His lack of performance as head coach is the cause of the negativity.

1 Like