BB&T Ballpark for Charlotte Knights

I get a kick out of renderings

Columbus, OH minor league baseball stadium.

I will say, the one positive to having a minor league baseball stadium uptown (I was in the minority of people against this project because I think a city limits itself when it commits to minor league over future potential of major league; if that opportunity ever comes about now it will be that much harder to convince voters and city councilman to once again approve funds for another ballpark uptown) is that we can one day host regionals & super regionals in that thing. It is a beautiful building and will definitely add to that part of uptown. Thanks to the the green kool-aid I am finding positives with this moving forward.

Groundbreaking scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Charlotteobserver.com: Groundbreaking is Friday for uptown Charlotte Knights stadium

Construction cam https://mds.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=webcampub.page&wcpp=4ea6ec27-b1f3-4bcc-8a01-32f9e0d49d93

BB&T Ballpark is also the name of the Winston-Salem Dash’s stadium, the Single A team for the White Sox. I guess they aren’t a very creative bunch.

[quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:45, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark is also the name of the Winston-Salem Dash’s stadium, the Single A team for the White Sox. I guess they aren’t a very creative bunch.[/quote]Not sure I follow your logic here. BB&T bought the naming rights to both stadiums. Last I checked, you buy it, you get your name on it.

Photos of construction site:

Charlotteobserver.com: Knights baseball stadium taking shape - Nov. 27, 2012

Indianapolis Indians Stadium:

Wow they are not wasting time are they.

[quote=“SteauA, post:49, topic:26705”]Wow they are not wasting time are they.[/quote]Really don’t have any time to waste. First pitch in the new digs comes in April 2014.

Bizjournals.com: Belk signs on as sponsor for Charlotte Knights

Latest news.

Charlotteobserver.com: Crew installs steel at Charlotte Knights stadium site

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte Knights unveil logos for BB&T Ballpark

I got a good view from above the construction. That block looks really small. Isn’t it supposed to rival the current facility?

[quote=“Run49er, post:52, topic:26705”]Latest news.

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte Knights unveil logos for BB&T Ballpark[/quote]

Love the angle/view of the Duke Energy bldg from home plate.

I won’t be surprised if the new stadium has less capacity but offers more suites and luxery seats. Sound familiar?

[quote=“49er1, post:54, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:52, topic:26705”]Latest news.

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte Knights unveil logos for BB&T Ballpark[/quote]

Love the angle/view of the Duke Energy bldg from home plate.[/quote]

Sorry. On second review, the very wide panoramic shot I was looking at seems to be taken deep along the 3rd base line, not near home. Still looks cool.

Stadium construction coming along nicely.

Charlotteobserver.com: Charlotte to look spectacular from Knights stadium

Opening day at BB&T is 4/11/14.

MILB.com: Knights Set to Kick-Off 2014 Season On April 11

New ballpark, new logo.

milb.com: Knights Unveil “Brand” New Logo Set

milb.com: Charlotte Knights Photo Gallaries: Knights Unveil New Logos

2 thumbs down