BB&T Ballpark for Charlotte Knights

I think it’s a big improvement.

UCF baseball comes to Uptown Charlotte!

Horrid.

The old Knights logo was actually one of my favorites. Sad to see it go.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:63, topic:26705”]Horrid.

The old Knights logo was actually one of my favorites. Sad to see it go.[/quote]Really? I hated the old one.

I like the new text logo and the C. Not a big fan of the other two.

[quote=“Niner National, post:64, topic:26705”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:63, topic:26705”]Horrid.

The old Knights logo was actually one of my favorites. Sad to see it go.[/quote]Really? I hated the old one.

I like the new text logo and the C. Not a big fan of the other two.[/quote]

They’re all putrid, IMO. So much ADD in one branding scheme… are they knights, kings, or dragons? There’s no consistency, it’s like the designer showed four different options and the team was like “Fuck it! We’ll take 'em all!”

That C-shaped monstrosity is something to behold. I didn’t think it was possible, but somebody went out and created a c-shaped logo that somehow manages to look even less like a C than our C-Pick logo… bravo to you, Charlotte KingKnightDragonSlayers, bravo.

^This. I think it’s fine though. I do think they needed a refresher with the move too.

BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

Charlotteknights.com: Gildan Triple-A National Championship Game Awarded to Charlotte

Charlotteobserver.com: Minor league World Series coming to Charlotte

[quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

Charlotteknights.com: Gildan Triple-A National Championship Game Awarded to Charlotte

Charlotteobserver.com: Minor league World Series coming to Charlotte[/quote]

They put the sod in this week. Looks nice. Noticed the seats are…green! ;D

[quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

They put the sod in this week. Looks nice. Noticed the seats are…green! ;D[/quote]
We’ll feel right at home when the CUSA Baseball Championships are held there.

[quote=“X-49er, post:69, topic:26705”][quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

They put the sod in this week. Looks nice. Noticed the seats are…green! ;D[/quote]
We’ll feel right at home when the CUSA Baseball Championships are held there.[/quote]

As of now that’s a pipe dream. The ACC will probably look this one up for their own conference tournament.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:70, topic:26705”][quote=“X-49er, post:69, topic:26705”][quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

We’ll feel right at home when the CUSA Baseball Championships are held there.[/quote]

As of now that’s a pipe dream. The ACC will probably look this one up for their own conference tournament.[/quote]

Not really. The ACC Baseball Tourney has been on a rotation between Durham and Greensboro for the past few years and has had success in both cities. Those ballparks are very nice. Sure Charlotte will likely get in on this rotation, or maybe even host them for a few years, but there will be plenty of opportunity for Charlotte to host the C-USA Tournament.

Just like with hosting a C-USA Basketball Tournament, we would need some financial help from the Community to put a bid in for it. I have heard that ECU really wanted to host it in their last season and put in a large bid, but ended up losing out to USM.

On a side note, I am excited about the Niners hosting some games at the new ballpark. I hear some games are in the works.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:71, topic:26705”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:70, topic:26705”][quote=“X-49er, post:69, topic:26705”][quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

As of now that’s a pipe dream. The ACC will probably look this one up for their own conference tournament.[/quote]

Not really. The ACC Baseball Tourney has been on a rotation between Durham and Greensboro for the past few years and has had success in both cities. Those ballparks are very nice. Sure Charlotte will likely get in on this rotation, or maybe even host them for a few years, but there will be plenty of opportunity for Charlotte to host the C-USA Tournament.

Just like with hosting a C-USA Basketball Tournament, we would need some financial help from the Community to put a bid in for it. I have heard that ECU really wanted to host it in their last season and put in a large bid, but ended up losing out to USM.

On a side note, I am excited about the Niners hosting some games at the new ballpark. I hear some games are in the works.[/quote]The city is actively pitching the ACC to hold the tournament here in Charlotte.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it ends up here.

I think we would have had a fair shot at the CUSA tournament if ECU had not gotten an invitation to the AAC, but I can’t imagine we’ll host it in Uptown now. None of the schools in the east a big time baseball schools. Only Rice and USM have huge baseball followings now. We are probably third or fourth best in CUSA 3.0, but even we only average a little over 1,000 per game. That would look terrible in a 10,000 seat stadium.

[quote=“Niner National, post:72, topic:26705”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:71, topic:26705”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:70, topic:26705”][quote=“X-49er, post:69, topic:26705”][quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

On a side note, I am excited about the Niners hosting some games at the new ballpark. I hear some games are in the works.[/quote]The city is actively pitching the ACC to hold the tournament here in Charlotte.

I think we would have had a fair shot at the CUSA tournament if ECU had not gotten an invitation to the AAC, but I can’t imagine we’ll host it in Uptown now. None of the schools in the east a big time baseball schools. Only Rice and USM have huge baseball followings now. We are probably third or fourth best in CUSA 3.0, but even we only average a little over 1,000 per game. That would look terrible in a 10,000 seat stadium.[/quote]

Well, you wouldn’t hold an “average” game there.

[quote=“919R, post:73, topic:26705”][quote=“Niner National, post:72, topic:26705”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:71, topic:26705”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:70, topic:26705”][quote=“X-49er, post:69, topic:26705”][quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

I think we would have had a fair shot at the CUSA tournament if ECU had not gotten an invitation to the AAC, but I can’t imagine we’ll host it in Uptown now. None of the schools in the east a big time baseball schools. Only Rice and USM have huge baseball followings now. We are probably third or fourth best in CUSA 3.0, but even we only average a little over 1,000 per game. That would look terrible in a 10,000 seat stadium.[/quote]

Well, you wouldn’t hold an “average” game there.[/quote]Right, you’d hold the entire CUSA tournament there, where turn out for virtually all games would be below average.

Our games are the only ones that might draw well and even then you’d be looking at no more than 3,000. It’s college baseball with a lot of teams nobody here is familiar with. Avid college baseball fans know Rice and USM, but I can count on one hand how many avid college baseball fans I know.

I would love to see us host someone like South Carolina there in a regular season game. Also, my guess is that whenever Rice comes to town, we will set attendance records at the Hayes. I’ve already had 4 or 5 non-Niner baseball fans tell me they want to see us play Rice. I wonder if there is a possibility that series may get played UPtown.

[quote=“Niner National, post:74, topic:26705”][quote=“919R, post:73, topic:26705”][quote=“Niner National, post:72, topic:26705”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:71, topic:26705”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:70, topic:26705”][quote=“X-49er, post:69, topic:26705”][quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

Well, you wouldn’t hold an “average” game there.[/quote]Right, you’d hold the entire CUSA tournament there, where turn out for virtually all games would be below average.

Our games are the only ones that might draw well and even then you’d be looking at no more than 3,000. It’s college baseball with a lot of teams nobody here is familiar with. Avid college baseball fans know Rice and USM, but I can count on one hand how many avid college baseball fans I know.[/quote]

The place would not come anywhere close to selling out, but being the 4th largest City in C-USA, we have a better shot at getting casual baseball fans attending than most other schools in the conference. We have a pretty good relationship with the Knights, so I would think we could work together and get it done. A key would be to allow beer sales during the tournament.

Besides, it would be the same for the basketball tournament. Whoever puts in the best bid ($$) will likely get to host the tournament.

I have heard rumors of an ACC team and an SEC team wanting to play us uptown for mid-week games.

Unfortunately Rice is not coming here this year. We have FIU, ECU, Tulane, UAB, and USM at home this year.

[quote=“Niner National, post:74, topic:26705”][quote=“919R, post:73, topic:26705”][quote=“Niner National, post:72, topic:26705”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:71, topic:26705”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:70, topic:26705”][quote=“X-49er, post:69, topic:26705”][quote=“49er1, post:68, topic:26705”][quote=“Run49er, post:67, topic:26705”]BB&T Ballpark will host the 2014 AAA national championship game on September 16th between the respective champs of the International and Pacific Coast leagues.

Our games are the only ones that might draw well and even then you’d be looking at no more than 3,000. It’s college baseball with a lot of teams nobody here is familiar with. Avid college baseball fans know Rice and USM, but I can count on one hand how many avid college baseball fans I know.[/quote]

No, I didn’t suggest hosting the C-USA there. Others did. I think we could host “bigger” name regular seasons games or maybe even series’ there.

I have heard rumors of an ACC team and an SEC team wanting to play us uptown for mid-week games.

Unfortunately Rice is not coming here this year. We have FIU, ECU, Tulane, UAB, and USM at home this year.[/quote]

Tulane and ECU used to bring a lot of fans in CUSA-1.

I noticed you mentioned beer sales. Beer was sold at the “home” games we played in Kannapolis, and we were in CUSA then. Unless CUSA has a regulation against beer during the tourney, I do not see beer sales being an issue.

I wonder if playing a few games in this stadium will help recruiting.

Unfortunately Rice is not coming here this year. We have FIU, ECU, Tulane, UAB, and USM at home this year.[/quote]

Tulane and ECU used to bring a lot of fans in CUSA-1.

I noticed you mentioned beer sales. Beer was sold at the “home” games we played in Kannapolis, and we were in CUSA then. Unless CUSA has a regulation against beer during the tourney, I do not see beer sales being an issue.

I wonder if playing a few games in this stadium will help recruiting.[/quote]

The “beer” rule is a UNC System rule for on-campus facilities. If we played at BB&T they’d sell beer, just like at TWC Arena.