Beasley Oak Hill bound

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=426511

Interesting. Talk about high profile. Will be easier to see him play now, at least.

I do no think this helps our cause at all. The big boys all have pipelines from Oak Hill. I hope Beasley is not slipping away.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the age limit the NBA is considering will effect Beasley? According to ESPN today the League is close to agreeing to a deal with the Union that would institute a 19 year old limit. I assume Beasley won’t be 19 by draft day 2007. Can someone verify?

ESPN

In an old post Lefty said he was 15 years old and that was in Sep of 2004, so I will assume he will still be 18 on June 25 of 2007.

Old NN Post

[i]Originally posted by louisiana_niner[/i]@Jun 21 2005, 09:20 PM [b] In an old post Lefty said he was 15 years old and that was in Sep of 2004, so I will assume he will still be 18 on June 25 of 2007.

Old NN Post [/b]

I got that info from the Washington Post Story Run49er found:

Special to The Washington Post
Monday, June 21, 2004; Page D10

It said he was 15. The new rule is 19 by draft day AND at least one year out of high school…to be eligible for draft. Draft day is the end of June. He should still be 18. Of course you can play in the NBDL at 18 (the old rules apply)

I wonder how prep schools count.

I hope he sticks with the 9ers.

really?..me too

Who wouldn’t rather be a Niner for free than a boring Nba player for millions? I can’t even stay awake during the NBA Finals!

You watched the NBA Finals?!?!? I think I watched at 2 min. of it.

i guess the nba finals was unwatchable because it had the two best teams playing great basketball and not a bunch of individuals playing no d and dunking every possession. the nba is not unwatchable. major league baseball is unwatchable.

[i]Originally posted by ninerfan55[/i]@Jun 27 2005, 07:22 PM [b] major league baseball is unwatchable. [/b]
blasphemy :o
[i]Originally posted by ninerfan55[/i]@Jun 27 2005, 06:22 PM [b] major league baseball is unwatchable. [/b]
thou hast been cast into the firey pits of hell for all eternity!!!

i was wondering when you two would post that