Beasley transfers

[QUOTE=CMack124;314410]It was worth it for all involved.

Huggins - proved he could still recruit at the top level (even though he recruited Hill, not Beasley, but that doesn’t matter), got him his WVU job
Hill - Got him a huge payday and promotion he didn’t deserve
Beasley - Got to be a star for a year, solidified his spot in the top 2 of the draft
KSU - Got more national exposure last year for basketball than they did for the previous decade (and probably the upcoming decade) combined.[/QUOTE]

Charlotte - found out that Assistant Coach and former player had the loyalty of a withdrawing addict. Better to find out sooner than later.

[QUOTE=X-49er;314426]Charlotte - found out that Assistant Coach and former player had the loyalty of a withdrawing addict. Better to find out sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

We’ve been down this road a million times. Loyalty works both ways. Everyone knows Judy Rose doesn’t treat the Men’s bball assistant coaches as well as she should (laptops, pay etc.) I guess none of us should ever leave our first jobs no matter the increase in money, notoriety, promotion, etc.

Now the million dollar question is, will KSU go back to who gives a crap status or is Martin actually building something?
My understanding is most people who know basketball (and not associated with KSU) realize Martin is an amateur. I actually thought he did ok in the tourney, but there were a couple games I got to see this year, and his mismanagement of the game and the disorganized play clearly cost them the win. They have some decent players aside from Walker and Beasley, but I have faith that Martin will misuse them. The more likely scenario though is that something off-court leads to Martin getting fired. I'd say either recruiting violations or players run amok (he really is a Huggins disciple).

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;314415]Now the million dollar question is, will KSU go back to who gives a crap status or is Martin actually building something?[/QUOTE]

Walker is putting his name in the hat also, albeit without hiring an agent. If goes, KSU is back to suckage.

One cool thing happens is no more trolls from the wildcrap board will frequent here; boasting about where they’re gonna be and how they’re gonna do it. And, I’m all for that.:tongue:

It was worth it for all involved.

Huggins - proved he could still recruit at the top level (even though he recruited Hill, not Beasley, but that doesn’t matter), got him his WVU job
Hill - Got him a huge payday and promotion he didn’t deserve
Beasley - Got to be a star for a year, solidified his spot in the top 2 of the draft
KSU - Got more national exposure last year for basketball than they did for the previous decade (and probably the upcoming decade) combined.

Now you’re making too much sense. Let’s say Beasley does stay in school and earns his degree, but gets hurt. Even on the optimistic side, if he utilizes his degree and gets a job making $100,000/year, he’d have to work 100 years to make what he could make going to the NBA for just 3 years.

If he is 2, then who is 1?

The team that doesn’t pick him #1 will be scrutinized. Like him or not (I don’t) it is true, the freshman numbers he put up, you gotta pick him.

If he is 2, then who is 1?

The team that doesn’t pick him #1 will be scrutinized. Like him or not (I don’t) it is true, the freshman numbers he put up, you gotta pick him.

Derrick Rose and him will jockey for the #1 spot, it just depends on who has the #1 pick as they may need a PG over a F.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;314416]I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be the “who gives a crap” status. The only big games they won this year, Beasley had crazy numbers and won it for them.[/QUOTE]

They actually do have two 4 star commits for 2009, so they might actually turn this into something more consistent than one NCAA bid. Of course their head coach still hasn’t proven he deserves the job, so who knows how they will do post-Beasley next year.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;314415]Now the million dollar question is, will KSU go back to who gives a crap status or is Martin actually building something?[/QUOTE] KSU is rapidly approaching the “who gives a crap” status, and I’ll bet one of those Kansas wheat farms that the coach whose claim to fame is winning high school games with with illegal players will not be able to reverse the fall.

They actually do have two 4 star commits for 2009, so they might actually turn this into something more consistent than one NCAA bid. Of course their head coach still hasn't proven he deserves the job, so who knows how they will do post-Beasley next year.

My opinion, even after hearing that is that they are still going back to “who gives a crap” status. Also, with B Easy leaving, who knows if those two commits don’t look elsewhere. They signed those recruits, probably bc of Beasley.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;314527]My opinion, even after hearing that is that they are still going back to “who gives a crap” status. Also, with B Easy leaving, who knows if those two commits don’t look elsewhere. They signed those recruits, probably bc of Beasley.[/QUOTE]

They never would have committed assuming Beasley would be staying 3 years, nobody in the country thought Beasley would be there more than one year and I’m sure if the KSU coaching staff tried to use that as a selling point it would have been thrown in their face by every other school recruiting those guys.

They may get Bill Walker back, they will have Dominique Sutton and Jacob Pullen for the next 3 years, plus adding two top 50 players in '09 (one of which is another Hill-DC connection).

A lot can happen between now and signing day for the 2 in '09, but last year’s team minus Beasley is still a good team. If they get those 2 in '09 and add another high level recruit or two they will have the talent to be in the Big 12 picture for a few years to come. Whether or not it will all pan out or, even if it does, if the coaches can get them past the first round of the NCAA tournament is another story. As it stands now, it doesn’t look like KSU will completely fall back into “who gives a crap” territory, but recruits change their minds overnight, so who knows.

Derrick Rose and him will jockey for the #1 spot, it just depends on who has the #1 pick as they may need a PG over a F.
How often does a PG go #1???

Rose will not go #1… Quote me on that.