Beasley transfers

…to the NBA.

Was it worth it?

[QUOTE=gotLutz;314279]…to the NBA.

Was it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know if it was for him but most definitely for the thug huggins (it worthed the stabbing his friend in the back) and worthed a meal ticket for dalonte.

I’m a firm believer in finishing out school before moving up. I know there is risk involved, but I would think that the risk involved in playing every night for a number of weeks with the potential of getting injured, or worse, not being physically able to keep up with the demanding schedule of a professional athlete. If you break after only one or two seasons with no ability to play ball for the rest of your life what are you suposed to do? Many of these guys (not all) couldnt go to many of the schools that they go to simply based on academics, and definately wouldnt have scholarships to be there. I just think that graduating with a “backup plan” is the best move not matter who you are. If you break in college whats to say you wouldnt break in the pro levels where there are many more games.

So no - I dont think it was his best move, but we all knew he was going to do it.

I'm a firm believer in finishing out school before moving up. I know there is risk involved, but I would think that the risk involved in playing every night for a number of weeks with the potential of getting injured, or worse, not being physically able to keep up with the demanding schedule of a professional athlete. If you break after only one or two seasons with no ability to play ball for the rest of your life what are you suposed to do? Many of these guys (not all) couldnt go to many of the schools that they go to simply based on academics, and definately wouldnt have scholarships to be there. I just think that graduating with a "backup plan" is the best move not matter who you are. If you break in college whats to say you wouldnt break in the pro levels where there are many more games.

So no - I dont think it was his best move, but we all knew he was going to do it.

You’re making too much sense. You need to stop.

Although let’s be real here. A $5 million signing bonus and a $10 signing bonus for an endorsement will keep your bank account full for a long time. But I think what you said is applicable for 99.9% of college basketball players. But if you have a lottery pick player, it would be wise for him to take the money.

The Bobcats will have a lottery pick, it could happen…

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;314303]The Bobcats will have a lottery pick, it could happen…[/QUOTE]

he will go in the top 2 most likely number 1, bobcats would have to get really lucky to get that high of a pick.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;314279]…to the NBA.

Was it worth it?[/QUOTE]
Worth it to whom? Kansas State? I personally do NOT think they got their money’s worth. They got one NCAA appearance, their only one in quite a few years, and didn’t even advance very far. For that one NCAA apparance, they’re stuck with a coaching staff they may soon decide they don’t want. That’s just my opinion.

it was worth it for them because theyre getting exposure and are starting to land four star players which they werent getting before. theyre getting on tv and becoming a legitimate team. i know, it hurts to say.

of Beasley possibly playing in Charlotte after all. That would be just one more reason for me not to go see the Bobcats!!!

[QUOTE=DrJ708;314355]of Beasley possibly playing in Charlotte after all. That would be just one more reason for me not to go see the Bobcats!!![/QUOTE]
I’m a firm believer in being a fan of the hometown team, but that would make it pretty tough to pull for the Bobcats.

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;314303]The Bobcats will have a lottery pick, it could happen…[/QUOTE]

Sure the Cats kinda suck, but there are suckier teams

Miami - 14 wins
Seattle - 19
Minnesota - 21
Memphis - 22
Clippers - 23
Knicks - 23
Milwaukee - 26
Bulls - 31
Bobcats - 31

Don’t know for sure, but I think the draft is weighted – worse teams have a greater chance of a top pick.

If the Bobcats earn the top lottery pick, there is a fix in the NBA.

There gonna have to make some major trades to move to #1 in the draft & I doubt they have those available resources.

There must be some mistake. Michael is all about the college experience and getting his degree.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;314362]There must be some mistake. Michael is all about the college experience and getting his degree.[/QUOTE]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;314362]There must be some mistake. Michael is all about the college experience and getting his degree.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect him or any other 1 and done player to say? If he were to say “yeah college is cool, but I’m here for a year and jetting to the NBA for millions”, the media would have killed him.

sorry, don’t buy it. people can go to college for as little or as much as they like, its their choice. those comments are meant for school faithful and they eat it up every time. Just like when they say “Michael Beasley is going to have a press conference tomorrow to announce his decision.” Ever seen a press conference for a guy to say, “Nothing has changed. Be back next year?” Uh no. You think it’s to ward off the media? It’s all FOR the media.

hah I forgot the clippers existed!

If he didn’t enter the draft, he was a damn fool.

You don’t turn down and risk millions and millions of dollars to attend college. Anyone who would have stayed in college is an idiot. What’s the point of college??? To get a piece of paper to make your paycheck larger. You think you make more in the NBA with a College Degree???

It was worth it for all involved.

Huggins - proved he could still recruit at the top level (even though he recruited Hill, not Beasley, but that doesn’t matter), got him his WVU job
Hill - Got him a huge payday and promotion he didn’t deserve
Beasley - Got to be a star for a year, solidified his spot in the top 2 of the draft
KSU - Got more national exposure last year for basketball than they did for the previous decade (and probably the upcoming decade) combined.

Now the million dollar question is, will KSU go back to who gives a crap status or is Martin actually building something?

Now the million dollar question is, will KSU go back to who gives a crap status or is Martin actually building something?

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be the “who gives a crap” status. The only big games they won this year, Beasley had crazy numbers and won it for them.