Beastie Boys and Sheryl Crow on campus Monday

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Saw this on Facebook:

[/SIZE][/FONT][QUOTE][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]The Beastie Boys and Sheryl Crow are coming to UNC-Charlotte this Monday! All of them are strong Barack supporters. Come out and see the Beastie Boys and Sheryl Crow as they get us pumped up for the final week and a half before Election Day!

Doors will open at 3:20, and they’re expected to speak around 3:30. Line up Early!

Tell all your friends and make sure to bring them along!

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Date:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Monday, October 27, 2008[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Time:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]3:00pm - 5:00pm[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Location:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]McKnight Hall, Cone Center[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][SIZE=2]

[URL]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=782791&id=757184735#/event.php?eid=32614288596&ref=mf[/URL][/SIZE]

please don’t mistake them for some of your fellow students parents, 10-15 years ago these people mattered.

please don't mistake them for some of your fellow students parents, 10-15 years ago these people mattered.
:lmao::lmao:
please don't mistake them for some of your fellow students parents, 10-15 years ago these people mattered.
The beastie boys still do... :unhappy:

[QUOTE=49or bust;353351]The beastie boys still do… :unhappy:[/QUOTE]

I like the Beastie Boys, don’t care so much for Crow, but honestly I really don’t want to go hear them rant about politics. If I wanted to listen to political rants by musicians, I would just go attend a Rage Against the Machine concert.

and while they’re here they might as well put on a show…

I seriously might get tased and be on CNN and Foxnews

question:
when the hell is Dubois going to let a conservative on campus?? It was the topic at our alum golf outing today.

question: when the hell is Dubois going to let a conservative on campus?? It was the topic at our alum golf outing today.

He does at least once a week…Every catch those crazy preachers?:tongue:

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;353382]He does at least once a week…Every catch those crazy preachers?:tongue:[/QUOTE]

Actually he said: If you’re voting for Obama, you’re definitely going to hell and if you’re voting for McCain well then you’re most likely going to hell… What if I vote for Barr, is that the ticket to heaven! :rolleyes:.

Micah is nothing more than a comedy show.

yeah there is nothing conservative/republican/whatever on campus - its quite frustrating. All I’ve heard for the last few weeks on campus is how much obama rules and mccain sucks. At first I respected it - now I’m beginning to get insulted by it.

I guess thats what you get at a public institution where liberal views are pushed (and I’m not pulling that out of my butt so don’t get mad at me for saying that - one of my professors said that their job is to teach us those views so that we have open minds and realize all that is out there)

Michah is pretty funny, but he doesn’t have the showmanship of Gary.

But those don’t count of course because those guys have NO IDEA WHAT THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;353386]yeah there is nothing conservative/republican/whatever on campus - its quite frustrating. All I’ve heard for the last few weeks on campus is how much obama rules and mccain sucks. At first I respected it - now I’m beginning to get insulted by it.
[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. And I think that as we become a larger and more prestigious campus we need to have a conservative voice in the form of a small, campus newspaper. I know that other prestigious schools do.

I thought of starting one but I’m not sure whether I would have enough time or help, especially considering that I don’t know anything about reporting. I don’t think it would be that hard to write better articles than the UTimes, but it’s the starting it that seems difficult.

What I’m saying is, someone needs to start one.

question: when the hell is Dubois going to let a conservative on campus?? It was the topic at our alum golf outing today.

It’s not Dubois fault. The College Democrats are responsible for all the popular visiters lately. If you want any conservatives/Republicans to visit take it up with the College Republicans or any other conservative political groups.

Previously stated question on forum:
when the hell is Dubois going to let a conservative on campus?? It was the topic at our alum golf outing today.

LET? C’mon guys it is called freedom of speech and of assembly. Both parties have an equal right (and other parties also before I get chastised for that) to come to campus and organize

This state is suddenly a huge battleground … there must be a reason that the Repubs have not been here as much (strategy to spend more time in Ohio, etc is my guess hoping to keep NC anyway and needing those swing states). This strategy makes sense to me but if you do not agree chastise the party for not coming here, not the administration of the campus.

To imply that Dubois somehow decides which party does what organizationally on this campus? Rediculous!

My background as a history and constitutional teacher shall now go away and I will emerge again tomorrow as a soccer coach

When I was in school the CR’s were active at getting people on campus.
We had Mayors, City Council women, Business Leaders, etc. What has become of the current CR’s? Do they do diddly squat anymore?
I remember a couple of years ago when Bush was up for re-election that a girl had taken over chairmanship, & ran out anyone who wasn’t her best friend. The people who were left had almost a cult-like following for this girl, & once she graduated they gave her the honorary title of "once & future chair."
Are they still a cult of personality? Or have they wised up?

And I would like to hear the Beastie Boys & Sheryl Crow, IF it was music, & NOT politics. Who goes to a concert for politics? That’s what message boards are for.